What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New KISS code

Part of me wishes I could afford new games so that i can ride this ‘new code’ wave, instead of buying things at least 4yrs after release (sometimes 20yrs!), but then again i’d rather just have a game that’s ‘done’ (and to a high standard). Nearest thing i’ve had is Met 1.7 & 1.8, and ColorDMD updates of course.

Honestly, it's not that much fun while you're waiting, and I personally don't think that the excitement of the new code release necessarily makes up for the frustration. I'm leaning away from buying NIB games soon after release for this very reason - just bought a Batman 66 at v1.0 and it's great to have a new game that doesn't feel incomplete!

Honestly, it's not that much fun while you're waiting, and I personally don't think that the excitement of the new code release necessarily makes up for the frustration. I'm leaning away from buying NIB games soon after release for this very reason - just bought a Batman 66 at v1.0 and it's great to have a new game that doesn't feel incomplete!

I’d like to give Batman a few more plays next year sometime - maybe consider it in 2020 when it’s fully baked!
That and Iron Maiden. And Kiss even! (Swinging skillfully back on topic there...)

Are any of the recently updated stern games Dwight Sullivan coded?
There is a rumour floating around that Dwight is not the best at re-visiting his older games.
GOT - no idea if it needs another update.
SW.
GB - delayed.
Munsters - on it now.

There is a rumour floating around that Dwight is not the best at re-visiting his older games.
GOT - no idea if it needs another update.
SW.
GB - delayed.
Munsters - on it now.
That's what worries me, on a podcast a month or 2 ago it didn't sound too promising, like he considered GB finished, I'm not expecting too much after hearing that. Still hopeful though.

That's what worries me, on a podcast a month or 2 ago it didn't sound too promising, like he considered GB finished, I'm not expecting too much after hearing that. Still hopeful though.
There is hope that Stern will put pressure on him to do it, even if he is pretty reluctant!
They have said it is coming, but delayed.
And after AS and KISS updates, you would think the update would be decent.

An update is definitely coming for GB - I'm also worried that its a minor update rather than a proper fix of the rules thats needed.

An update is definitely coming for GB - I'm also worried that its a minor update rather than a proper fix of the rules thats needed.

I'm with you there Neil - I'm hoping for a fix with some additional rules, but expecting something more along the lines of score balancing and bug fixes. It's a shame, GB really could do with the Lyman treatment.

Back on topic - does anyone know how many Kiss LE or Premiums are in the country?

Back
Top Bottom