What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

seems all it takes is to ship 4 games and post what looks like a render (not even a full game) and everything's alright again for pinside.
More "Jam tomorrow" from Heighway. Come on, post the factory and assembly line, it's August in 2 days!

Very tight deadline if they do indeed start full production on the 14th August. Anyone know if the Xenomorph head now works? Or about the issue with the PC failing to boot when turned on? I wouldn't of thought either of these issues were simple to fix or surely they would have been tackled earlier? Hope it pans out for all involved.

Very tight deadline if they do indeed start full production on the 14th August. Anyone know if the Xenomorph head now works? Or about the issue with the PC failing to boot when turned on? I wouldn't of thought either of these issues were simple to fix or surely they would have been tackled earlier? Hope it pans out for all involved.
I own a Alien and have had no problem with the Xenomorph head or the PC not booting on start up.
It really is a great game and the theme is one of the best ever. Game play is fast and has some unique and challenging shots, all in all its a nice change to have a British game that stands up to and is on a level with the U.S. manufactured games.

@cooldan said it a while ago when they posted a factory video with 2 people in it, but they really need to post some videos or photos of busy production to inspire hope and prove they are ramping up. I hope they are and normally we shouldn't need to see behind the curtain but the past turmoil needs to be visibly rectified before I open my wallet.....

I own a Alien and have had no problem with the Xenomorph head or the PC not booting on start up.
It really is a great game and the theme is one of the best ever. Game play is fast and has some unique and challenging shots, all in all its a nice change to have a British game that stands up to and is on a level with the U.S. manufactured games.
Good to hear:thumbs: I know Matt's one had problems on site because of the boot issue. Hopefully it's now solved then.

What's the code like? The few times I've played it I liked the game but had zero idea what was going on.

All the ones in the uk had one issue on another if you want an alien then tobin is your man he is stuck with 3 of them and a ft
I think that all the hype behind alien is a load of rubbish as everyone in the uk has bailed on them within weeks and the only person who has kept his tryed to sell it with zero interest

Good to hear:thumbs: I know Matt's one had problems on site because of the boot issue. Hopefully it's now solved then.

What's the code like? The few times I've played it I liked the game but had zero idea what was going on.
Matts game was a mk1 the other British ones were all the next gen so not got any booting issue.
As for the code, it's much more advanced than most Stern games straight from the factory. It's got plenty going on and the screens give instructions on what to shoot for, one of the multi balls has you looking at the scanner to see which direction the Aliens are approaching from to see were to shoot (a little like Hoard on TWD). Need a few tweaks here and there but overall a better than average code.
D.

I see the prices have gone up quite a lot now the new owners have got a grip on things.

Not sure that will do them any favours in the long term but guess it had to be done for them to start shipping games

2.5k increase is a lot of dough!

I see the prices have gone up quite a lot now the new owners have got a grip on things.

Not sure that will do them any favours in the long term but guess it had to be done for them to start shipping games

2.5k increase is a lot of dough!

£2.5K is the cost of a good 'mid range' pinball.... something you will be able to keep going for years to come. A Heighway pinball may be a brick in 3 years if they go under!

They need all the spare cash as I have heard from people close to the company Andrew was paid 'very well'......

F*** me

£5k for the Alien swop kit ??????

But hey, at least you can finance it and the delivery is FREE

Wow, just wow.

Maybe they have done it to stop refunds as now previous prices look cheap!

I recon HP have started to ignore the UK Market.....

Massive price rises
No interaction with people on here, which would essentially be their Core UK market....

Cant understand it me...

I'll give them until Xmas before they call it quits.

Checked back and my initial LE order in March 2015 was for around £5.9k. Not a total bargain but good value at least. Then after all the shenanigans they they slap on £2k while trying to build a customer base? They have two hopes....

Checked back and my initial LE order in March 2015 was for around £5.9k. Not a total bargain but good value at least. Then after all the shenanigans they they slap on £2k while trying to build a customer base? They have two hopes....

The sale price at the introduction in October 2014 was £4.8k which is what I paid.
I Still want my refund.

I Still want my refund.

For me this is such a big red flag. Why on earth would anyone send them more money if they can't process a refund? It speaks volumes about what future customer service could be like if there are ever any problems.

I really want things to work out for the company but if this is how they are treating existing customers then coupled with a 2k price hike I can't see me becoming a customer.:(

Back
Top Bottom