What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Heighway Owner

What are CGC doing mate?

Any news on the afmr le coming into the uk?

On both Facebook and pinside Doug from CGC is posting a lot of detail on where they are and what their plans are keeping everyone informed. The AFMR LE's should start getting built next week (assuming they get the topper parts this has delayed them) and I expect an update from Doug after the 4th July holiday - they are building all the ordered LEs in one hit with the loyalty LE's first then the rest. If this timeline sticks then we might be lucky and get before the end of August... although I expect September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is a foolish investment. To my knowledge two of the investors have been putting £1,000s in a month for 5 years.

One is extremely rich and I don't think he expects his money back. But he won't stand by and let someone flutter his cash away.

People who have put down £1k/£2k or paid in full I feel sorry for. It's been no doubt took a while to earn that money.

Even if they get Aliens out I would worry about the long term support of products when the previous after sales sucked! The boards are low quality. The construction isn't brilliant in my opinion.

Like I said. I could write pages.

My advice.

Get your deposits back. Wait for 2 years and then buy a machine if they are proven reliable. Saying that. You may be waiting that long anyway....

Website is still dog sh.it though needs a serious update.

Yeah, I have to say I was a tiny bit surprised to not see Pinball Heaven listed as a distributer, but then that might be something to do with the problems that I think Phil has had with them over Full Throttle.

Yeah, I have to say I was a tiny bit surprised to not see Pinball Heaven listed as a distributer, but then that might be something to do with the problems that I think Phil has had with them over Full Throttle.
Until they are proven fairly reliable he prob doesn't fancy getting involved, and who could blame him.

I have a Alien and it's a cracking machine, as expected with a new machine I have had a couple of problems with the machine.Heighway Pinball technical dept, and namely Helmut have gone out of there way to sort out any problem I have had. Spare parts have been sent to fix one problem and the other problems are code related and will be fixed on the next code update.
So all I have for Heighway Pinball is praise, they have gone up and above the level I was expecting in customer service.
Thank you Heighway Pinball and especially Helmut.
D.

Last edited:
I bet phil is very happy he is not a highwayman distributor as he would have had a lot of unhappy customers moaning at him about when there aliens was due and I want my deposit back

Can anyone help me with the next place to go to as I can't get a refund and been waiting 60 days.
Do you have a consumer law regulators commission that handles complaints ond problems in the U.K.?
Is this something I would be better off discussing with a law firm?

Can anyone help me with the next place to go to as I can't get a refund and been waiting 60 days.
Do you have a consumer law regulators commission that handles complaints ond problems in the U.K.?
Is this something I would be better off discussing with a law firm?

@Heighway Pinball

It took 2 weeks for HP to approach me asking for access to the account after i locked it post Andrew leaving.
Seems strange now it's been many weeks and (unless ive missed it) we haven't heard anything from the team there??

Come on guys! Would be good to get an update! (and maybe you could help out our Australian friend above too??)

Just the uk getting shafted then (I never go on pinside anymore)
Toads isn't in the UK.

Judging from Pinside posts, looks like refunds are coming, quite a few in the last few days. Considering the refunds must be coming from newly invested money I think that's a very good sign.

Pinside - not a place that I frequent that often, maybe some good stuff on their but a lot of 'venom', 'bitching', 'trolling', etc but as @mark9 says, looking on there now, some are getting refunds but appears some are still struggling!!

See @Toads posted

"I've got back my last payment of around 1k via charge back.
I'm waiting on the credit card co to let me know if I can get back around another 4K deposited around 8 months ago.
I don't like my chances on that one."

Presumably if refunds are coming from " new money" then probably trying to keep hold of as much as they can :)

Seems to be a lot more info on there, names, tel numbers, email adds, etc so would pester them or your cc company.

In the UK probably trading standards, sure if you google you will find details. Lawyer would probably be expensive!!

Thanks for the info guys.
I'm just getting a little frustrated as it's been a long three year wait.
Seeing people get refunds just adds more frustration to the wait.
I honestly don't know how they are working out who gets them and when.
I remember watching an unboxing thread with WOZ when the LE # was shown all hell broke lose as the pin had been sold twice. The first buyer asked for a refund and a second person bought it. However the refund was not issued. As the distributor for Australia shut shop.
I'm worried this might happen again.
Time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the info guys.
I'm just getting a little frustrated as it's been a long three year wait.
Seeing people get refunds just adds more frustration to the wait.
I honestly don't know how they are working out who gets them and when.
I remember watching an unboxing thread with WOZ when the LE # was shown all hell broke lose as the pin had been sold twice. The first buyer asked for a refund and a second person bought it. However the refund was not issued. As the distributor for Australia shut shop.
I'm worried this might happen again.
Time will tell I guess.

Personally I would be 'hounding' them daily' rather than waiting patiently. Hope it all works out for them, as a great theme, but they have promised refunds even if it a bigger 'hole' than they thought it was :)

This is posted on pinside, same thread as you have posted on "ALIEN REFUND?" so suggest you try contacting/hassling Morgan if you haven't done already :)

"I am sorry that the money has not arrived with you yet. I will double check with Daniel that it has cleared on our end or if there has been any sort of issue. I apologise for this delay and I will find out what is happening with your refund.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for your time. I hope to be in contact soon with good news, if you have the money clear your account could you please inform me for our records.

Morgan Potter | Customer Services Executive
Heighway Pinball, Unit 35 Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5SD United Kingdom.
Email: Morgan@heighwaypinball.com Web: http://www.heighwaypinball.com
Tel: +44 (0) 1495 305634"

All seems up in the air still, wondering if those getting refunds look at machines hopefully going out in the future (presuming they pull it together) and wish they'd stayed in. It's an awesome game, best thing played in a long while.

All seems up in the air still, wondering if those getting refunds look at machines hopefully going out in the future (presuming they pull it together) and wish they'd stayed in. It's an awesome game, best thing played in a long while.

They can always buy one in the future if they start producing enough. Might cost more but I'd rather have the money than an early Alien with all the uncertainty surrounding it.

Reactions: JMP
As per usual with Heighway Pinball - they seem to spend more time posting on social media and forums than making the games.

I am sorry - but the Full Throttle I was looking after at tilt broke due to bad circuit boards and terrible wiring - burnt out connectors on a six month old game is a bit of a joke.....

Whilst Bally Williams DMD games are still going strong and are easily maintainable. Sterns are well built and have an excellent spares suppy (I ordered a ramp for a 10 year old family guy easily enough) - I am not sure how long these games with mechanically or electronically last and if they go under within a few months or a couple of years - how are people going to get spares - its all horrid SMT components!!!!

I laughed at this at pinburgh...
I've never seen a working full throttle - it didn't even make it through practise!!!

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170728_833d243a3fa1afa70a7b4daae9fddcad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom