What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Guns and Roses

Horsey

Registered
Now I have your attention with that clickbait title ?

I'm really intrigued by a new GnR pin. I personally think it could just be a Slash pin as he has had more albums solo than with GnR. But that's a different point.

My question for all to discuss is,
what do you think will happen to the Data East pin in regards to price?
As a Data east pin, it's pretty pricey (about 3.8k). Normally when a game is remade, the originals hold their value. Most are around the same price as the remakes. But they are remakes.
This will be a new pin so is a different kettle of fish. I think the only other theme to be like this is Pirates?(apart from Star wars/trek) Correct me if I'm wrong.
Sterns Pirates still has the Stern name, so will likely be held higher than a Data East pin.

Just wondered if people think the price will drop or will the price of a JJP pin be so much higher than a GnR that they won't be considered?

Cheers
Mark

Doubt it will affect the price of the original in any way.

The Star Trek from stern didn’t impact on the WMS one or the DE one

Doubt it will affect the price of the original in any way.

The Star Trek from stern didn’t impact on the WMS one or the DE one
I think Star wars/Trek pins will always be popular with their themes. But this is quite a specific theme.
I think the Data East Star wars probably went up in appeal after the lukewarm Stern Star wars

The DE gnr is a known factor. Released at arguably the height of the bands fame.

Even if the new one is great I can’t see anyone offloading the original at a low price to get the new one

I know it’s different but I don’t imagine there was much cross over on the different Rolling Stones games.

I’d imagine the original gnr will hold its value well. It’s a fun game and there aren’t that many over here.

The supposed order of the next JJP games are -

Yellow Brick Road Woz ( 250 editions )
Willy Wonka
Toy Story
GnR

So, no way GnR this year, gonna be 2020.

2020!?! On their past form we'll be lucky to see it before Slash starts drawing his pension [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
LOL!
Whilst it's the usual pinside rumours, the titles themselves have been known for a year at least.

People do keep guessing the order though, so who knows.

Eric supposed to be doing GnR.

But, you are right - could be a looooong wait :D

By then, Deeproot may have blown everybody out of the water:eek:

Oh and while on JJP, they are stopping production of POTC soon. No one knows if temporary or permanent.

Theme isn't one for me but owners of the game seem in agreement that it is best JJP.

There don't seem to be many in UK so not much chance to play.

Another factor, the original GnR was a relatively low production for DE @ 3000 units, compare with Hook ( :thumbs:) @ 6700, LW3 and Star Wars both > 10000

I didn't like the DE game. I can't really see what the hype about it is. I'm yet to play a DE game that i really like. I did wish they had more of them on location though because i really WANT to like them.

Wait ...what ??? o_O Some awesome DE games

View attachment 79765
For me they feel like they made far too many cut backs.
Anyway after diving into google for data east games i came across king kong from 1990. Wow. I had never heard of this one. A little more digging around and it turns out it was never made. Only 9 prototypes existed and they were all a little different from each other. Anyone had the privilege of playing one?

Wait ...what ??? o_O Some awesome DE games

Absolutely although Pinsound has transformed many DE games :thumbs:

Look at the Stern crap before you talk about cutbacks!

You will never part me from my ultimate Data East line up :)

Sorry, been drinking :p

Anyway after diving into google for data east games i came across king kong from 1990. Wow. I had never heard of this one. A little more digging around and it turns out it was never made. Only 9 prototypes existed and they were all a little different from each other. Anyone had the privilege of playing one?
Not sure about cut backs?? They threw everything AND the kitchen sink into GNR! [emoji16]

I think a King Kong pops up at US Shows. Along with the Tommy prototype, also only 9 or 10 made and which was a radically different design to the production game.

I believe the Kong design was reworked and became Back To The Future.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Hmm. Going to get picky here. GnR aren’t metal. No more than public enemy are soul or daft punk are disco

I’ll give you iron maiden and Metallica (at least the first 3 albums) fall into the metal category but not AC/DC, Alice Cooper, the stones, ted nudget etc

Now if there was a Megadeth or slayer pin. They would be metal.

There again all superhero films are the same to me. I honestly don’t know if there is any difference between the avengers and x men. GOG only stands out due to the screen and I’d confuse that with dead pool or superman

Oh. Before some clever clogs comes up with it there is no such thing as hair metal. It’s a reinvented term to cover all the stadium rock bands like skid row, Bon jovi, Motley crue etc. None of them are metal

I suspect that ive now summoned the spirit of Poibug so I’ll leave it to him to talk for 4 hours about sub genres such as pirate metal, falllen angel, black metal etc ?(seriously all these sub genres are very important to metallers)

Played kong at Expo and the other rare de like Aaron spelling and kabuki but they re themes

Exported 6 g n r back in the day to Australia as in the UK was seen as a run of the mill de game like star wars so everyone was done at £500

Gnr is a great theme, classic songs and an awsome image. Sadly I worry Jjp will use photoshop art of the band - the new band not the ones that made them famous. Happy to have the original on this one.

It would need to be a wide body game for sure now if they put Axels face on the playfield like acdc pro. That's one bloated mess of a man nowadays ?.

Back
Top Bottom