What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New games room/garden room

Looks great
Can you show us more around the cold plunge pool area - How will you
maintain it in the summer and when the room is heater ?

Hi , it’s very experimental and I have no experience of doing one before so any ideas are welcome but it is going to be filled via the rain water pipe off the roof running through a filter then overflowing into the larger tank so should stay fresh . If not or no rain for a long time there is a drain off below . Then to refill the larger tank has an electric pump to pump water into the pool. It has not progressed yet for photos but I will add when it does.

So iam considering electrics now and I would like opinions please.I want to be able to turn on machines from a single wall switch so that I can turn on the socket the machine is plugged into and that way it will turn on everything on it, so fan’s lights mods etc currently gnr is on two points and the times I forget to turn off the fans is lots . I know I can wire stuff to the machine but I don’t like to for eg mando does not like it and resets with a single led mod . Here’s what I’m planning. A bank of 10 switched fused spurs on a ring main then 10wires to each double socket with usb for mods and lights etc . Anyone think this is bad idea? For some reason

Would smart sockets not be a better option, might look a bit neater than 10 switches on the wall, you could also program a macro in most of the apps to turn them all off at once, and have buttons setup to switch 2 or more on at once.

You used to be able to get one years ago that was like a multiplug and had a main socket that when it sensed power being drawn it would enable the other ones, so you could just turn on the machine and it would enable the accessories on the other sockets. I think it was designed for PCs,I remember getting one free from my energy supplier at the time when they were all about energy savings, even got a huge amount of energy saving bulbs just sent out in the post without asking, before the days of Led bulbs.

Would smart sockets not be a better option, might look a bit neater than 10 switches on the wall, you could also program a macro in most of the apps to turn them all off at once, and have buttons setup to switch 2 or more on at once.

You used to be able to get one years ago that was like a multiplug and had a main socket that when it sensed power being drawn it would enable the other ones, so you could just turn on the machine and it would enable the accessories on the other sockets. I think it was designed for PCs,I remember getting one free from my energy supplier at the time when they were all about energy savings, even got a huge amount of energy saving bulbs just sent out in the post without asking, before the days of Led bulbs.
Good idea I hadn’t thought of that cheers I will look into them 👍

An update on progress, Windows and doors on facia and gutter, plaster drying and even some paint on the top deck, Getting excited about finishing inside now.

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 53
Hi Luke I think so but can’t commit to a date yet. Things are going a bit slow at the moment because my hands and wrists are bad . Can’t play more than a few games at a time at the minute and nudging is painful

Back
Top Bottom