What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New coming Forums...

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi everyone :)

Now i'm not one for adding things un-necessarilly, however there seems to be a growing trend for discussions around certain machines... So - I intend over the weekend to Add a few "owners groups" to the site...

So split this way....

Stern Owners
Bally/Williams Owners
Gottleib Owners

Within these people can open new threads to allow them to discuss specific things around specific machines (For example, I'll move the "TWD" thread into the Stern one, etc etc. This way people can discuss specifcs around that machine in that forum... Unless anyone can suggest a better way of doing it??

I dont want to open one on a machine by machine basis... that can be done by you guys when required for a specific machine :)

Whilst i also dont want to "water things down" too much, Any other suggestions???

On a side note, and just to give an idea of how busy this place is getting nowadays, 132 new posts per day, 230 unique users every day.... Not bad for our "little" board :)

Suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Paul

How about a virtual/digital pinball section? I know of quite a few folks on here who have them or are thinking of building one.

I'm about to start on number 3 so will do a detailed build log along the way :)

On a side note, and just to give an idea of how busy this place is getting nowadays, 132 new posts per day, 230 unique users every day.... Not bad for our "little" board :)
Great work :thumbs: Forum stats say 2073 registered users now - any idea how many are active?

Hahaha - did you notice it's straight up for sale.... (Within 24 hours)??? Says bucketloads that.... ;)

That's cos. he bought a sh*t one. Just joking, it's great really (!)

...and as for you future Night Moves purchaser, you'll get the bug... eventually. ;)

Anyway, yes new pin-split forums, good idea. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Great idea :thumbs:. I often check the "owners" clubs on Pinside for machines I own or am interested in and have picked up lots of useful information in a centralised location.

As a soon to be TWD owner and avid Stern hater I must say I'm torn on this idea! :)

what about the age of machines split into decades?,i:e 70's/80's/90's etc................

Paul

I will be the contrarian here. I would not bother.

If folk put a proper title on their thread, it will get noticed by the relevant people.

You could end up creating so many new threads. EM. Early Bally SS. Early Williams SS. System 11. Old Stern.

Analysis was done as to whether it made sense archiving emails in relevant folders. The data showed this to be a waste of time. Folk just use a computer search function to find old emails anyway. So creating additional folders just made work.

I'm with DRD on this - I think the current setup is fine for the volume of posts that we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

;) :)
;):);):)
Paul

I will be the contrarian here. I would not bother.

If folk put a proper title on their thread, it will get noticed by the relevant people.

You could end up creating so many new threads. EM. Early Bally SS. Early Williams SS. System 11. Old Stern.

Analysis was done as to whether it made sense archiving emails in relevant folders. The data showed this to be a waste of time. Folk just use a computer search function to find old emails anyway. So creating additional folders just made work.

i'll be contrare to your contrarian
Pauls toybox do whatvya want mate

I wouldn't bother either, I only ever use the new posts view.

Don't really see the point either, but then again it shouldn't do any harm so probably worth a try

If I'm looking something in particular I do a search for it using a key word. If just reading in work or wherever I now just use the new posts view as suggested about a year ago by @cooldan :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom