What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

Anyone got an LE on order?

Seen a few vids and it looks insane

Gotta decide between this Met, GB or Star Wars

Tough choice

I've got an LE on order.

in that choice, you'll get a great game no matter what you choose.

in some ways its a lot like star wars game play wise but without the tie fighter on a spring. I wouldn't change my choice on AFMR vs Star Wars

GB sorta linear but I love it huge amount on the play field
MET - fantastic game with the Lymanator doing his magic.

Cheers,
Neil.

I have a le on order too, hopefully we will get ares just before Christmas Day :clap: and looking forward to see what the third release is for Chicago gaming. I feel cactus canyon and I have owned one I will defo defo behaving a le one off them as it is one of the most fun games I have played :)

I have a le on order too, hopefully we will get ares just before Christmas Day :clap: and looking forward to see what the third release is for Chicago gaming. I feel cactus canyon and I have owned one I will defo defo behaving a le one off them as it is one of the most fun games I have played :)

I hope it arrives well before then! They had the money for weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I always thought we'd be looking at a December-ish delivery date in the UK. I know Phil isn't keen on getting the early ones with teething trouble, and I tend to agree.
Were you asked for full payment Neil? I haven't been asked for any more than deposit at this stage.

I always thought we'd be looking at a December-ish delivery date in the UK. I know Phil isn't keen on getting the early ones with teething trouble, and I tend to agree.
Were you asked for full payment Neil? I haven't been asked for any more than deposit at this stage.
Same here mate December sounds better so we don't get any problems and I have also only paid a deposit. A nice Christmas present to play

Mid July, but its because I'm one of the serial matched machines.

Cheers,
Neil

I have no where to put it at the moment anyway. But I would prefer November.

I'd be amazed if it was CC but would be happy and I will take one :D. But I think they need one more big game, Monster Bash, but even though I own one - I'd buy a remake as the quality of the remakes is outstanding.

if it is December then its the second run of AFMR for you guys, but mine will have been sitting for months! I see two changes; the cliffy for SOL hole, 2 the topper connector, is all thats different so far, no other big issues that anyone has raised.

I'm fine with the second run.
Best to ask Phil about shipping dates, December was only a wild guess.

Yeah I don't think he knows. Not even sure mine has been built!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree

All 4 themes are great to me and it's my first nib so I'm having real trouble deciding.

I've only played GB too which doesn't help

I thought I had def decided on AFM but I'm worried the PF maybe a little sparse and I keep changing my mind between the others

I'm sure Ill decide soon!!!

But yeah AFM most likely when are the LEs landing in the UK

Seems like a big pin shipment is landing in oct as 3 dealers have all told me oct on 3 or 4 different pin lol

I'm not a time waster honest

I agree

All 4 themes are great to me and it's my first nib so I'm having real trouble deciding.

I've only played GB too which doesn't help

I thought I had def decided on AFM but I'm worried the PF maybe a little sparse and I keep changing my mind between the others

I'm sure Ill decide soon!!!

But yeah AFM most likely when are the LEs landing in the UK
This might help you decide. As for AFM - still my all time favourite game.

Taken from pinside,....

"I debated even starting a new topic about AFM Remake, but I simply had to.

Some of you guys may remember my issues I had with my Ghostbusters LE, including playfield ghosting and chipping and my crusade to get Stern to finally replace the playfield. Well, after a contact to the Illinois Attorney General, I was shipped my playfield the very next day after the AG sent them an email. Kudos to Stern for making it right though, the replacement playfield was immaculate and I ultimately was made whole.

Ok, back to AFM Remake. Well, one more thing - keep in mind I decided to trust buying a NIB Stern again, and bought an AS Premium. Great game, artwork, and it's fun. I like it and have been playing it since it arrived, while waiting for my AFMR to arrive. Remember, I paid $7K delivered for it.

Ok - so AFMR LE arrives today. Nicely packed box with a wooden topper box up top.

I get the legs on and lock the head into place and do a visual inspection. Wow... they absolutely KILLED this remake. It immediately felt much more sturdier and well done then MMR. I can't explain it- but the fit and finish of the cabinet, playfield, backglass, etc is just amazing. The black powder coat really adds to the overall package.

THIS is what an LE at $8200 should be like! THIS is what these new pinball prices should get you.

Moving onto the topper. Yep, at $8200 it comes with a topper which is great in itself. The difference is the fact this isn't some lame ass topper- it's an insanely SICK topper. Very well built, very very nicely presented. This topper I think would be easily worth the $500 Stern charges for half-ass toppers. It's beautiful, and it really is the best topper I've ever seen.

The LED light show andmotorized alien has to be seen in person to enjoy.

I fired the machine up and it's just overall a better built machine than not only MMR, but any recent Stern I've played - including BM66 Super LE for $15K. That felt like an IKEA cabinet off Craigslist compared to this!

The playfield is easily much nicer then any Stern I've had, including AS Prem. The toys on the playfield with their color changing LEDs and motorized aliens and everything else just made modern Stern's seem so cheap- like a Prius vs a Mercedes Benz S-Class.

The super wide hi-res DMD is just pure awesomeness. The LED lit speakers are very cool and integrate into the gameplay so well. The speakers themselves and the sub sound like a Pinball Pro or Flipper Fidelity sound is pre-installed. The backglass LED flashers. The mirror blades. And the topper.. yeah that again... holy crap the entire package is just superb value and build quality. Sure it's not a new theme - BUT it's pure value and real American built pride in it.

Let me also tell you just how heavy it is- it felt like twice as heavy as AS Prem. I don't know why that is, but it's a huge difference in weight and sturdiness. This feels like a real Bally-Williams game... just brand new.

I have to commend PPS and Chicago Gaming for hands down building an epic remake of one of the best pinball machines ever made. From the extra value addons, topper, LEDs, mirror blades, etc. I truly felt for the first time since I got into the hobby of purchasing pins that I truly got what I paid for, and then some.

I know I've compared and mentioned Stern here... but if you guys at Stern are listening and reading this, go get yourself an AFM LE and see what a REAL $8k+ pinball machine feels like. I don't care about you being in business for 30 years, what PPS did and CGC manufactured here is a quality pinball machine that is so much better built and worth the asking price then Stern has EVER made. Don't take that the wrong way and be offended... id just love to see if Stern could make a machine that felt even 10% as well built and packed with features at that price.

I'm so impressed with what I bought for that money, it will now be hard to spend that on another Stern NIB. It just doesn't seem right after seeing what a really well built pin that AFMR is. At the end of the day no matter how fun a game is, you should be getting the build quality and features of a game at the current NIB asking prices."

I'd be amazed if it was CC but would be happy and I will take one :D. But I think they need one more big game, Monster Bash, but even though I own one - I'd buy a remake as the quality of the remakes is outstanding.
Cactus canyon is a amazing game, as good as monster bash with extended version maybe even better. I would buy a monster bash, cactus canyon, Big Bang bar maybe but the first too defo on my list to have in le

Still think the remakes 'feel' different - flippers mainly. Not sure why but many agree.... but others say they play identical. Anyway CGC seem to be doing a superb job as so many saying build quality is top notch. Still, can't believe we have AFMR, MMR, probably MBR next and more to follow. BBBR? KingpinR?

I love Stern games but little things like putting the switch on the head to save a few bucks is ultra annoying!

Last edited:
So it looks like non-marched serial games will be built first week September guys. That would mean October delivery?

How long do you think shipping is? I thought two weeks worst case.

When we were waiting for MMr, Phil kindly gave us the tracking for the container ship, but If I remember it didn't come directly to Liverpool, was about 2 weeks but then there's customs clearance etc.

Back
Top Bottom