What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

ok so today I've done all my AFMR chores!

Did the ramp bend and the shooter alignment and the game is smooth now. Also installed the fluorescent plastic protectors which looks superb. And then I finally managed to get my name on the game!

IMG_8247.JPG IMG_8245.JPG IMG_8250.JPG IMG_8240.JPG IMG_8241.JPG

ok so today I've done all my AFMR chores!

Did the ramp bend and the shooter alignment and the game is smooth now. Also installed the fluorescent plastic protectors which looks superb. And then I finally managed to get my name on the game!

View attachment 59092 View attachment 59093 View attachment 59094 View attachment 59095 View attachment 59097

I also like these kind of protectors - had one set from these guys.

Your green look great on AFM - think I might have to get a set!

http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/convolux_e.php?lang=e

I must say this machine is the worst case of playfield dimpling I've ever seen on a game. Mine looks awful already, I reckon the clearcoat is too soft.

Is anyone else getting the same?

Yup but my batman66 is way worse

Look at the pic above and you’ll see the originals suffer from this.

I’m streaming tonight Attack from mars remake with a special detailed look at the playfield! And a walk round video of my new pinball cathedral lol 21:30 https://Twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all,

I've got a remake special edition coming tomorrow. I don't think it ships with mirror blades (the LE does).

Anyone got one and/or know which blades fit? I had blades in my MM-r LE but I didn't fit them myself.

Great thanks. I have a couple of sets spare for incoming TZ and TAF. I’ll order another BW set.

Yeah see above I got them also. Cliffies for AFMr really focused on the SOL and lock hole.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my BNIB AFMr SE yesterday. I missed the machine too much, especially mine which I'd modded extensively.

Anyway, Issues...

After a dozen plays I got an error on Switch F6, turned out to be the right flipper opto board. All I can think is that it was loose or something. Re-rightened up and it was OK, error went.

Loose bolts. A couple of games later I saw a bolt fly down the playfield. After some searching it was the bolt at the entrance of the left ramp, which also holds the ramp protectors and left wire guide. I wasn't have much joy with re-screwing it so got a longer version of the screw and now it's fine. I'm going to go back and double check how tight everything else is tomorrow. May have shook loose.

About 3/10 the launch doesn't make the top right corner, as if it's hitting something, maybe the wire/switch. Any clues?

Am getting a lot of airballs, whereas my old original was fine. I may dial back the flippers a bit, I've got the new PIC chip according to Phil so I should be fine. I'll try and read up on that for recommended settings since it does seem super quick as it shipped.

Ball sometimes fails to enter lock - is this a known issue?

- Will fit mirror blades tomorrow.
- Will fit my yellow convolux (protectors) when they show up
- Will fit cliffies when they show up
- Will likely fit Pinstadium to this since I have one, the playfield is pretty dark with lights out.

There is a fix for the launcher and the launcher ball guide you need to bend the guide and make sure the launcher is centered. Defo take the flipper power down I think I’m using -8 but I’ll check. One thing to check is the SOL scoop for tightness as it will SDTM if loose.

Neil

To get into the CGC menu hold select down.

loving this game, Martin from GoPinball fitted all the cliffys (except the lock one which I don't have strangely, need to get that). Did have to take the mantis style ones out of the game but I think the cliffy style ones will do more for protecting the game. Had a good look at the saucer hole area and unlike the picture above mine looked perfect with no noticeable wear at all and I've got a lot more plays than what was alleged in that picture. Putting the cliffies in was hard though the took a while to get the posts out.

Cheers,
Neil.

About 3/10 the launch doesn't make the top right corner, as if it's hitting something, maybe the wire/switch. Any clues?

It's the ball guide that protects the right hand pop bumper. Mine was the same. I did the ramp bend and adjusted the shooter and it still kept happening so I opened a ticket with CGC and they sent me a replacement ball guide. (Apparently it's a known fault). I had to strip the machine back to fit it, and took about 30 minutes to do. It has helped, although I still get it happening occasionaly.

IMG_0194.jpg

What the hell are you installing? A large concrete Block?

Mind you I can’t take the ****. I bought new decals for my afm over 2 years ago and still haven’t even opened the tube

It’s the topper can’t believe he waited so long!

What the hell are you installing? A large concrete Block?

Mind you I can’t take the ****. I bought new decals for my afm over 2 years ago and still haven’t even opened the tube

Just managed to scratch my floor with that dam concrete block , but certainly did it’s job protecting the topper

Back
Top Bottom