What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

I’ll post the CGC fix doc here later. Basically aligned the shooter and bend the metal runner a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, and the new software chip so that we can adjust the coil strengths, is that coming?

Finding it very brutal with the flippers on default, haven't reached Attack Mars yet.

Doug announced that they had been shipped out with overseas customers being the priority - @philpalmer hopefully will get the chips soon.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Shooter Lane Ramp.pdf
    309.2 KB · Views: 25
its unplayable really with the default power settings. When the martian attack kicks off the noise it makes is nuts.

Neil.

It’s that piece but I am unsure if the cliffy for the original is the same as for the remake so I ordered the remake ones direct from cliff - agree on it should be installed at the factory tho!

Ok, so I bent the ramp as instructed, didn't make much difference (but at least it doesn't protrude under the right orbit any more, that didn't seem right). However aligning the kicker launch coil to the centre of the ball made a difference, seems better now.

I'm in two minds whether to get the cliffy or not. Could be a pain to fit, and I guess if you get the saucer hole protector you might as well get the SOL while you're at it. Then shipping and import tax, gonna be expensive.

Are there reports of wear on these already?

I put the power on my launch button to min and it’s fine for super skill shot

I haven’t done the shooter lane bend yet

Yeah with the new board 2.0 I have dialed down the flipper setting to -10 and I don’t get the flies off the wireform and the no air balls but still plenty of fizz in the shots

Ouch! Is that your’s Neil? That target looks too low to me, on mine the back of the target is slightly higher than the lip of the hole.

As per the post above I just re-bent the ramp which was out quite a bit, but it made no difference.

I also centred the shooter plunger on the ball as that was way out too, but still can't make the skill shot..

Open a ticket with CGC steve!

As per the post above I just re-bent the ramp which was out quite a bit, but it made no difference.

I also centred the shooter plunger on the ball as that was way out too, but still can't make the skill shot..

Oh and assume you checked levelling?

Yep, levels are spot-on.

It looks like it launches okay, but then sounds like it's hitting something on the way round the upper right curve? Almost like a metal-against-metal sound and the ball loses it's momentum.

Neil I'm new to new machine ownership and have no idea how to 'open a ticket'! I presume you go on the Chicago Gaming website?

Sorry yes there is a link to the support website that is where you raise a ticket - I’ll try and find the link and post it.

Just to check - when you say you can’t make the skill shot what’s exactly happening? :)

Holding the left flipper, I launch the ball, it takes off up the ramp pretty quick but once it leaves the metal ramp and goes onto the playfield, roughly level with the pop bumpers it's as if the ball is going through treacle as it seems to slow and there is a sound like it hitting something and it runs out of steam and falls back to the flippers. Not every time but I would say 3 out of 5 times.
I've checked and there isn't anything the ball could be catching on.

Video it in slow motion on your phone, I think most modern phones have this capability? I've done this myself a few times to try to see this kind of thing.

Unplayable ? The one at eag was on standard settings and I managed 12 billion on my one and only go

Well that’s my story :)

The noise the Martians make is insane on full power.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom