What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Arcade Warrington

Indeed, hope the pins are looked after better than a certain other place which leaves them to rot

Since the cat is now out of the bag, we are due to inspect the place prior to it opening think it’s on my next tour of duty, if I can with permission I’ll take some photos and list of machines present if any at that point.

Good stuff, Is Andy from arcade club in on it too?

I was very disappointed with the pins at arcade club. I suppose they are 2nd to the vids and now a 3rd floor of Japanese games, they are going even further down the priority list.
But when I was there in September RFM wasn't working. Taf had a sticky flipper. Tz flippers just didn't have the power to get it halfway up the playfield.
Whitewater plunger wasn't strong enough to get the ball in play.
Metallica snake shot the ball straight down the middle.
Scared stiff had a stuck ball behind the ramp which made the machine constantly look for it. Told them about it but didn't fix it during the night.
Black Rose's cannon ramp was stuck open and X files was pitch black.
Rocky and bull winkle played OK though ?

I'm going again the first weekend in February so hopefully they are a bit better

So R&B was the only playable Pin? ?
Pretty much. I still had a play of them all but you certainly couldn't set a score. You definitely wouldn't pay cash to play them.
Plus the room they are in was absolutely honking!!!!! A wonderful mix of farts and BO lingered for about 4hrs ?

But the arcade side is excellent and well worth the trip. So many games, all in great condition. A real contradiction ?

I was very disappointed with the pins at arcade club. I suppose they are 2nd to the vids and now a 3rd floor of Japanese games, they are going even further down the priority list.
But when I was there in September RFM wasn't working. Taf had a sticky flipper. Tz flippers just didn't have the power to get it halfway up the playfield.
Scared stiff had a stuck ball behind the ramp which made the machine constantly look for it. Told them about it but didn't fix it during the night.
Rocky and bull winkle played OK though [emoji16]

I'm going again the first weekend in February so hopefully they are a bit better
This just shows how site pins need regular maintaining. You can't just leave them :(

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

This just shows how site pins need regular maintaining. You can't just leave them :(

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Out of interest, does anyone know how many months on average a site pin can go between issues requiring small/large services? Realise this may depend on the site (and the game) but just for interests sake.

Out of interest, does anyone know how many months on average a site pin can go between issues requiring small/large services? Realise this may depend on the site (and the game) but just for interests sake.

A NIB can have issues within an hour, some last a week, some a month... Then you have Ghostbusters has been going strong for April 2016 and only just need a flipper rebuild and welds popped on the wire form ramp

I've had B/W for 18 months will no issues at all!

Luck of the draw with Stern's and JJP... Full Throttle has buggered from the beginning

And older B/W is dependant on the condition when they arrive on site

We have between 18 and 22 machine at Tilt and there is always a handful with issues... Luckily we have great regulars who report issues either I can sort or @Pick Holder sorts for us

Arcade club pins are sadly not a huge priority for them and there’s a limited time/resource budget for maintenance and as we know, they do need it especially if dated in the first place.

Rocky and bull winkle played OK though ?

Went a couple of weeks ago and sadly Metallic was the only pin you could nearly play properly with week flippers , the other four which was switched on had loads of faults sadly .on the other hand the arcade side of things was great , shame I do not speak Japanese as it would have been awesome !

Arcade club leeds opening soon is going to have a pin room .
I'd not bother if they can't be ****d keeping on top of there machines. Only seems the same three next to the bar get any attention.
It's a shame as when Arcade Club first started the pin line up was top class.

Touché. ;) I think your story was slightly longer though..

But I say it as it is. Don't pay folk things rot.

9de7a8d340d19b7e51e780342d648c5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah Gary Stern waffled on at Pinburgh for a very long time and he had to manage a laptop which was apparently huge task for him. Not sure if he got paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah, now you're coming across as a bit of a cnut. Wind your fukcing neck in lad.

Went a couple of weeks ago and sadly Metallic was the only pin you could nearly play properly with week flippers , the other four which was switched on had loads of faults sadly .on the other hand the arcade side of things was great , shame I do not speak Japanese as it would have been awesome !
That's a shame. I was hoping for good things when I go back at end of month.
I saw they had a Roller games now.
I will have to give Andy an earfull about them

Back
Top Bottom