What's new

New Aerosmith code...

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Am really enjoying the way this game makes you think, especially the further you get into it. What mode do you go for next, how many balls do you risk for toy box, combining the multiballs with what modes you have left, what super modes come from those modes once finished, where to put a shot multiplier, toy box playfield multipliers. Plus the general difficulty of it (damn you left outlane of doom!) means any best laid plan can go wrong at any second.

Am really enjoying the way this game makes you think, especially the further you get into it. What mode do you go for next, how many balls do you risk for toy box, combining the multiballs with what modes you have left, what super modes come from those modes once finished, where to put a shot multiplier, toy box playfield multipliers. Plus the general difficulty of it (damn you left outlane of doom!) means any best laid plan can go wrong at any second.

I've tried to like this after the update, I really have, but I just don't. I've fiddled and played with the menu settings for everything and it still falls flat.

I truly think it's actually taken a step backwards in terms of player strategy. Previously you had to think about mode selection because they were hard to complete and get the bonus; because Medley Multiball was worth so little it was worth making the extra effort to complete the modes to go for Final Tour. Now you just need to hit a shot or 2, time out the mode, by focusing on something else, then rinse and repeat until you get to Medley. If you've saved your smart missiles, and have a semi decent mb the scoring far outweighs any benefit you can get from super modes, and also launches you into Final Tour, which propels your score even further.

TitA mb still has issues regarding ball save, which can go on for well over 3 - minutes meaning it doesn't matter if you have progress on or not.
Elevator mb, it's not worth playing either, with or without progress, you're going to hit at least 1 super to qualify Medley, once in Medley it's then only 3 shots to complete.

The ONLY strategy is to play for Medley, and therefore Final Tour, for big points. I can't see any other way. It'll be interesting to see the first stream of this being used in comp - if it's used in comp.

The only shots you need to think about multiplying are:
the scoop - if you're close to Medley
the lock shot - if you're close to TitA mb
no others have a big enough pay off to make them a priority.

I have only played it on the new code as only had the game for a week... I think it’s epic!! What’s not to like about it?? It reminds me of Kiss which can only be awesome as kiss is awesome , I guess if you care about multipliers and scoring maybe it should worry you ... personally i think it’s just a solid fun game and the last few months games have been through me quicker than a hot curry but this is staying here for well at least a month ????

I played it recently (I used to own Aerosmith but sold it on). Must say I think its definitely worth having.

Just find the game is more fun, looks nicer (better graphics). OUTLANE SHOUT OUTS !

Shame the lockdown bar button doesnt do much still. I can not see them doing another update now, I think this is it.

Remember - pinball is about FUN. It is only personal opinions.

Gotta love a well played Walk this Way resulting in Super Ramps worth 2.5m odd points. Then stick a multiplier on the middle ramp and combo the ramps (combo shots are double) for 10m, 5m, 10m, 5m etc. Plus the Super Ramp display animation is awesome :clap:

Back
Top Bottom