What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Neon Sign

get some inspiration for gods junk yard then mail me for a price -they buy the neon from trade manufactures like me and put a stupid mark up on top- its owned by the Braceys,his dad used to make neon signs around london in the 50,s ,his son never learned the craft but was great at marketing -just take big credit card if you visit......

i learnt of gods own junkyard after seeing this photo taken of an arcade in soho, london back in the 70s. how ace is that?

CEderSgWYAAciUk.png

Look at those cars just parked up on the curb! Imagine if someone tried to pull that in soho now.

yup i get that neil- thing is we have to import the glass and electrodes from germany to produce the neon signs-plus expensive fire risk insurance,plus costs of gas and oxygen,and uk business rates,and a house to pay for.....as donald trump says..no one will take my dollars from me ...he will put trade tariffs on china as we need to do-what industry do we have left that is not being destroyed by the far reach of china........lets all move to australia and make surf boards......he he

nice neon- uk made-no chinese imports in the 70,s---didnt learn my craft until the 80,s -cant imagine what machines have survived from the arcade- just seen the ELECTRO SIGNS tag on top of the sign board-i get alot of brillite signs with dead transformers brought in for repair,like to see a chinese one still running in 50 years!!!!!!!

most likely US copy- neon signs are being cloned big time---i can copy that for £600 6ft wide .......any takers?????

yup i get that neil- thing is we have to import the glass and electrodes from germany to produce the neon signs-plus expensive fire risk insurance,plus costs of gas and oxygen,and uk business rates,and a house to pay for.....as donald trump says..no one will take my dollars from me ...he will put trade tariffs on china as we need to do-what industry do we have left that is not being destroyed by the far reach of china........lets all move to australia and make surf boards......he he

I suggest you go research how successful tariffs have been at making you, and everyone else, poorer. Your friends who work in the UK steel industry now cost 25% more than US steel reducing competition and raising the cost for all of us who want US goods (like pinball machines!) The enemy we have in the UK is our **** poor productivity -> https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/6ada0002-9a57-11e8-9702-5946bae86e6d

All of the things you talk about equally apply in China and all over the world. And are sometimes they are worse - go see HomePin’s presentation in some of the local regulation issues in China and how they handle them.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....7/31/why-tariffs-are-bad-taxes#ampf=undefined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nice neon- uk made-no chinese imports in the 70,s---didnt learn my craft until the 80,s -cant imagine what machines have survived from the arcade- just seen the ELECTRO SIGNS tag on top of the sign board-i get alot of brillite signs with dead transformers brought in for repair,like to see a chinese one still running in 50 years!!!!!!!

I think I'll be dead in 50 years to be honest. Do you give 50 year warranty?

not sure where this is heading Neil - dont want sgt grizzly booting me off the site- simple rule is buy uk sell uk-if you cant see that international companies are destroying uk business then so be it-phil at pinball heaven even said it wasnt worth importing from the us without a minimum order of so many units -i have kept my costs static for the last 10 years as a uk manufacturer-while my energy cost have increased-keep absorbing costs again and again- maybe 5 yrs max left in the neon industry

that will make me 100,so maybe a poxy message form prince charles for all the tax i paid....... LOL but poss still repair the neon for you ,if i can still see straighto_Oo_Oo_O

I bought one of the 17”x14” Stern ones of eBay, ordered 12 Nov, £85 delivered, it arrived today 27 Nov. Very happy with it, which is a relief as I have a 20” wide Williams and also a 20” wide Bally one on their way also. Seller was great to deal with, always getting timely info on the order and a tracking number on dispatch.

B9986D80-79F4-41DE-802C-61D482F7A455.jpeg
3BEC66A7-1688-4B92-AFFC-601659FE18FE.jpeg

he he- looks like the chuckle brothers bent that glass- yeah! its a get me home neon sign-i get these brought to my workshop on a regular basis- "can you repair this" is usually the question? look at carousel lights in the uk for a more in depth experience of the chinese neon sign- they may have mastered the i phone but have a long way to go in producing a good looking neon sign- i like the look of the "e" on stern and the "b" on pinball - beautiful craftmanship:rofl::rofl::rofl:

To me, to you.....

I guess it’s like cars, to the uneducated they’re all the same, then some cars are X times the cost of others. I understand cars more than neon lights.

@Debbieneon out of interest how much would you charge for a similar sized ‘Stern pinball’ neon?

Chris.

I am too. All gone quiet on equivalent UK price, but loud on criticism of the foreign neons...

God's Own Junkyard features in that new Netflix Amazing Interiors show. Its about the co-owner/wife doing up her own home with neon everywhere in memory of her husband Chris. Seem like nice people and cool neons.

The Chinese seen to be great on cheap n cheerful neons up to around 17 inches but for something big and impressive seems you need to look for quality and a cost to match .

hi everyone- not had a look at the forum for a few days -just been busy in the workshop with the brewdog neon signs,and sub contract work for carousel lights in london-thanks for the comment steve-yes its true, the import neon from china is of a standard size,hi to martin and steve-i will get some costs worked out asap for you guys- thanks adam

I ve been watching this thread with interest, as I will be after a Neon soon.

I was just wondering if prices for the equivalent pinball signs by Debbieneon were available?

Debbieneon - I assume you can do most bespoke ideas, including neon on metal signs?

hi Jagg55- in a nutshell i can produce or replicate anything- i often ask what spend budget people have then i have an idea of what i have to work with-you will find some of my glass work on derbyshire neon ltd (facebook) or carousel lights ltd who i produce work for-sorry for late reply but still trying to get through a bunch of orders for christmas- i will take a look at the stern neon image over the weekend and get some costs together-if you trawl the web and find anything you like post the image or send it to my mail- adamneon0@gmail .com i get to my daily, but not so much on pinball info-thanks Adam

hi Jagg55- in a nutshell i can produce or replicate anything- i often ask what spend budget people have then i have an idea of what i have to work with-you will find some of my glass work on derbyshire neon ltd (facebook) or carousel lights ltd who i produce work for-sorry for late reply but still trying to get through a bunch of orders for christmas- i will take a look at the stern neon image over the weekend and get some costs together-if you trawl the web and find anything you like post the image or send it to my mail- adamneon0@gmail .com i get to my daily, but not so much on pinball info-thanks Adam

Thanks for the reply. I will e-mail over some ideas next week.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom