What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar, protector, or leave it?

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
So, got this BOP from @tyke the other day. Needed a little electronic TLC but now "my god, she's alive". Now the playfield needs a strip down, clean and rerubber and the mylar had been bugging me. It was lifting here and there (saw that in the photos before I bought it) and so I took the plunge and removed it.

Came up a treat as the photo shows, glue is also removed now. Little bit of touch up to do but very little.

So the question is what would you do then? Polish it up and leave it alone? Or just sling mylar? Put down a replacement full playfield mylar? Use one of the polycarbonate playfield protectors? Both full mylar and the poly versions are available.
1518547338808770769878.jpg

Just a bit nicer than the one I traded with you a few years ago Mark:rofl:

I can highly recommend the playfield protectors from Germany

I would just wax the pf. In a domestic environment it will be subject to minimal wear.

Pf protectors have a role to play with failing playfields . But are a lot of money, a lot of work and they trap dirt around rollover switches and things like that.

Back
Top Bottom