What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Congo Adventure: Phase 2

I use a lollipop stick to remove fuses. Never had one break ... yet. You can get a little tool for removing fuses, which I’ve never tried.
This vid may be of help:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Jon Wolf. I've got many 20mm x 5mm which the vid says Williams machines use, but just to confirm, they have to be the slow blow type? (which I have).

Okay, so since we can't agree on the board damage, I'm going to go ahead and replace fuses, though what worries me about board damage is the fact that I replaced the batteries and switched it on 2 days ago, only to have the pin go back to factory settings! Not sure what to do about that.

Also, the hippo bumpers have stopped working, ball goes into them at it clicks maybe once and that's about it. Who should I be calling about this to repair as I obviously have a very sick machine. Of course, the person I wanted to surprise with this, who got me started on this pin dream is visiting from the states on the 15th of March and I doubt I'll be able to get someone to fix it before then. Was hoping they could do it on site at mine if the problems aren't as major as I'm fearing. Any suggestions, numbers, please post. Of course, if anyone from her wants to come down and check out the cinema room set-up while you're at it (perhaps a screening of Congo?), more than welcome. Drinks on me all night at the local or here of course.

If I do go ahead and replace fuses tomorrow, I'm wondering why the prompt to check fuses F115 & F116 (I presume that means replace?) says the problem is likely to be a blown fuse at F109.

No idea how to check the Opto 12v supply or connectors J!38, 39, 40 or 41 on the power driver board.

On top of clicking volcano and multi-balls spewing out of the ball launcher, now the hippo bumpers and balls just randomly ending, even if they are still very much in play.

Thanks in advance for ANYTHING on this.

Hey @BogusJourney - just my two pence worth here, I am by no means a pinball expert, but I have managed to get things going with my own experience and advice from the forum. Firstly, didn't you buy this off of someone from the forum?

I understand that you have a lot going on at the moment, (good luck with the job, hope that you get it), but I think you are on the right lines by getting someone in to have a look over the machine. Someone will be able to get those things checked over relatively quickly for you, but it does sound like an experienced hand needs to get over it and have a look. Andy @pinballmania recommends this guy near to you on his website http://www.pinballmachinerepair.co.uk/pinball-machine-repairs-uk/ - if the recommendation he gave to me for board repairs (plus the free advice he has given me on here) is anything to go by, you'll be in safe hands.

Get him out, and sorted, I had issues with my first pin, but now it is up and running (almost) perfectly, it is an absolute joy.

Okay, so since we can't agree on the board damage

Really..?

I can see the green in the poor photo as highlighted by @RobZombie which means the board is much worse (on top and /or underneath) hence your problems. That needs rectifying before any other work is done otherwise you'll be going round in circles forever trying to fix it...

Saw Martin at GoPinball yesterday. Brilliant call out service and a lot of knowledge. My board had some damage and though he bought a new one, though he never pressured me into buying it and managed to fix the one I already had and now she's playing great. In getting under the hood, a few things were discovered that should b serviced in future and I'll do that once I have money for mods he can do at my place without taking the machine away.

No multiball insanity or clunking volcano now and so far *touch wood* no memory resets. Played for hours today and very happy. If he's as good at mods as he is repair, machine will be even better soon.

Sadly, he'll have to take the machine with him to do the new decal, so I don't see that happening anytime soon!

Great news.

Had acid damage on AFM and it made the game behave really oddly. Took some serious head scratching before I found it....

Did you get NVRAM fitted as part of the repair? The sooner you can get batteries out of the equation the better, especially with the mobility issues for ease of access that you mentioned. No more battery changes or unpleasant surprises.

Yayy, I’m so pleased for you BogusJourney. Now you can really start trying to master an absolutely brilliant game.

Back
Top Bottom