What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muppet action of the week!

Julian

Site Supporter
Using tumbler in a nice clean pinball shed.

So left it running for a few days, came back to find thick layer of dust on EVERYTHING!

Spent the next 4 hours cleaning glass, heads of machines, the carpet, bloody dust was on every surface.

So word of advice, run a tumbler in a garage, or as I don't have one I'm gonna pop a bucket over the top of my tumbler next time to keep the dust contained.

Anyone else got a muppet action of the week?

Sorta pinball related. Got an electric garage door to the games room that stopped working properly - kept coming down a few inches then stopping itself like the sensor that stops things being crushed under it was being activated.

Read online there is a AA battery somewhere that powers it - took the sensor apart and sure enough one AA sitting there, 3 years old at this point so likely dead/dying. Manual says it needs to be lithium (mounted directly on a circuit board). Get new lithiums, nothing - dead. Try a regular alkaline, still dead.

Look at board "MOUNT 3.5V LITHIUM" in huge letters next to the holder, most regular AAs are 1.5 volts....

Had to go specially order a 3.5V AA Lithium, live and learn!

Using tumbler in a nice clean pinball shed.

So left it running for a few days, came back to find thick layer of dust on EVERYTHING!

Spent the next 4 hours cleaning glass, heads of machines, the carpet, bloody dust was on every surface.

So word of advice, run a tumbler in a garage, or as I don't have one I'm gonna pop a bucket over the top of my tumbler next time to keep the dust contained.

Anyone else got a muppet action of the week?
Kitchen paper cloth pushed over top stops dust coming out. Learnt from similar experience;)

Sorta pinball related. Got an electric garage door to the games room that stopped working properly - kept coming down a few inches then stopping itself like the sensor that stops things being crushed under it was being activated.

Read online there is a AA battery somewhere that powers it - took the sensor apart and sure enough one AA sitting there, 3 years old at this point so likely dead/dying. Manual says it needs to be lithium (mounted directly on a circuit board). Get new lithiums, nothing - dead. Try a regular alkaline, still dead.

Look at board "MOUNT 3.5V LITHIUM" in huge letters next to the holder, most regular AAs are 1.5 volts....

Had to go specially order a 3.5V AA Lithium, live and learn!

Same issue! Got the batteries from amazon. Watch out on that though as my neighbour managed to lock himself out of his garage as he had no way lift the garage when those batteries went as his system wouldn't respond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same issue! Got the batteries from amazon. Watch out on that though as my neighbour managed to lock himself out of his garage as he had no way lift the garage when those batteries went as his system wouldn't respond!

Yes I ended up ordering exactly the same battery it had in it already, all working again!

Most electric doors have a small crank you put into an outer hole on the wall so if the electrics go, you can very, VERY slowy crank it up if you desperately need to get inside. At least mine does!

Yes I ended up ordering exactly the same battery it had in it already, all working again!

Most electric doors have a small crank you put into an outer hole on the wall so if the electrics go, you can very, VERY slowy crank it up if you desperately need to get inside. At least mine does!

Yes mine has that - his didn't but it did have another entrance he just couldn't get his car Out of the garage.

Neil

I have a stupid thing I do regular as clockwork, if I'm going to lift a playfield I have a piece of kitchen sponge I push into the trough eject hole to save taking the balls out. Works a treat but about 50% of the time I forget to take it back out so playfield back down, glass back on etc before I spot it and swear at myself yet again for forgetting to remove it. I even get as far as trying to start a game sometimes before realising. :mad::oops::cuckoo:

My most recent muppet event was having to break the back of the launch button on bsd to get it off. So I bought a new one..... then when fitting the new switch and bulb holder into the new one I managed to
Break the locking tabs off the button. So another was ordered sighs

Back
Top Bottom