What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

munsters le pinball lower playfield rt side flipper hanging up

william butler

Site Supporter
I have had a munsters le for nigh on 4 yaars.Just recently woke grandad up .Remember the knacked crimps that col changed.Anyway the bottom playfield rt side flipper has often stuck midstream so looking at tnt amusements video about the same problem it was an easy fix so I removed the lower playfield and set about the fix but the allen headed bolt that secures the fipper to the crank will not move despite leavering the allen key with amole grip.Excessive force but no give ANY one know why the bolt is stuck fast .T he crnk assembly is 28 dollars and the bolt a few dollars more. so with mailing 80 dollars COS i cannot shift the poxy bolt Any one tell me why the bolt is stuck?Cheers william

I already told Colin on the phone that these have been an issue to me two or three times before.
You have to cut them off.
They put glue on the threads on some models.
$80 on a machine worth how much???
If it knarks you off that much disable the mini playfield.

Just to inform anyone who may chirp in with advice.
I have had a look and attempted to remove using a heat gun thinking it might just be thread lock which it isn’t!

It all made sense when I rang Phil who kindly offered me the advice in the previous reply. So thank you again @Pick Holder for that said advice it was really appreciated 🙏

Like Phil suggested the only option I could see was to cut the bolts off using a dremel and replacing the small blocks as the old ones will be scrapped for the obvious.

I’ll repeat the advice I suggested which was not to attempt drilling out the bolts as Billy was considering when he left🤦‍♂️
But maybe instead contact @philpalmer to get the parts before attempting anything or better still pay someone to fix it properly.

I’m happy to help where I can but I don’t want to open a can of worms and stress myself over someone else’s pride and joy when I already have jobs piling up on my own pins.

In fact anyone wanna help me sort my Super Mario sound glitch and ground mod as it’s currently sat tombstoned.
I’m more than happy to pay 👍

If this is thread locker stick a soldering iron in the Allen head, that will get it lose. Careful to not melt the bushing.

I have removed thread locked screws quite a few times and believe me the bolt was super hot and no give in the fastener whatsoever.
Like @Pick Holder said he has had the very same issue and it’s not as simple as thread lock.

Not second guessing you, just adding information to help.
If they used red loctite ( used for permanent assembly) you need to heat the bolt to over 250 C to dissolve the bond - that is very difficult to do with a heat gun without melting stuff around the flipper. Anything below that will not make a difference.
There are inductive heaters to make that happen but a tight fitting soldering iron works as well.

The problem here is the fact I don’t wanna be liable for damaging anything as I’m the local FOC pin monkey. 😂
Billy is an ex miner with thumbs to match and a toolbox that resembles something my dad had so the mention of induction heaters and close fitting Soldering irons are not even in my extensive collection of tools either!
I think this is a job for someone other than myself as I just don’t have the time or the aforementioned tools but in all honesty if billy doesn’t want to pay $80 for spares I doubt the cost of a skilled expert is within Billy’s budget although I did mention this too.

THANKS for contributions much appreciated Actually i have reassembled the m/c and the rt flipper is no longer sticking W hy has it always been the rt side 1 that sticks.I have asked phil palmer to order theparts needed and can reasure u that the job is not beyond my skillset. What I can do when I get the parts is try the iron on the bolt to see if it shifts if it does not no harm done.Actually cols descriiption of me as a miner is true but I was a collirt official for 20 years serving as a shift undermanager at vahe tempest for 5 years and same job at murton mine for 11 years before bacoming a statutory clliery undermanager at ashington wearmouth and finally murton mine til thatcher shut the pits.JUST TO LET U KNOW Cheers billy

Got pinball crank gear from P.H. small parts big price £74 75.If the flipper sticks again i will do the job,TNT AMUSEMENTS replied to email immediately saying we did job 4 yrs ago and cannot remember .Stern replied a week later with pearls of wisdom try wd40 .If there is a pinball engineer apart from collywobbles local then Iwould like to know meanwhile I battle on alone . with more succes than failures.Cheers billy

Back
Top Bottom