What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPU 35 Locked on LED

Paul M

Registered
Hi All
Well I was making progress on the board but now everything has gone **** upwards.
I replaced all sockets in the corrosion zone together with dallas reset ic. When powered up I got the reset flash but nothing else. Oh well I thought, I'll replace all the other sockets on the board. This is when it all went wrong. Now I have a locked on led with only U6 U9 and U11 in the board. I have checked for shorts between all adjacent pins on the new sockets and also soldered them from above. I have buzzed out all pins to there destinations using a schematic. The only thing I haven't done is address and data lines. All voltages are within limits at the prescribed pins.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do next? I have walked away and come back so many times that what little hair I have left is nearly gone :)
Thanks everyone for all your help so far.
Paul M

Back
Top Bottom