What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most & Least Favourite Mode

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Thought it would be fun to discuss some of our most and least favourite pinball modes. For me:

Most favourite mode is the ‘Mamuska’ on Addams Family, the music is just too good not to love!

Least favourite is ‘Knight Mission’ which can trigger from the Time Machine on Junkyard. You get about 5 seconds to shoot for the lane behind the crane to score a pathetic amount of points. Totally pointless and irritatingly short!

Barn on TWD - hitting that loop over and over is just the nuts!

Most of the modes on IMDN - they are just to freaking hard! Lol

Strobe Multiball on AFM. A true minigame in the sense that you cannot advance the regular game (except jets) and you get a ball save at the end. GIs off and the strobe flickering make for an awesome effect and its really quite challenging to keep track of the balls if you don't have much external light!

Least favourite? Walk The Plank on Black Rose. Bash the button as fast as you can...

I’m glad people have mentioned the Seance from Addams, i couldnt decide between that and the mamuska. Love the use of the knocker duing seance!

TAF Seance - love it and hate it also; those bloody magnets... So satisfying if you get 3 ramp loops though. Quite like Aces High on IMDN - one of the easier modes.

+1 for TOM video pinball - OK the first few times, then dull. I also quite like the BOP 2.0 ?tunnel / mine? video mode...

Finally, STTNG: the cannon shooting mode (sorry, a few too many wines and can't remember the name!)

To me, for a mode to be worthy of best it has to have you doing something different. The only difference between Mamuska and any other Frenzy/Fast scoring mode on any other game is the music - personally I don't think that is enough to make it a great mode. Realistically you just ignore it and carry on playing.

Seance is another where the music and sound effects really add to the feel of the mode, along with the Power, but it's just hitting 3 ramps.

Most of the modes on IMDN - they are just to freaking hard!
Quite like Aces High on IMDN - one of the easier modes.
I have found Aces High by FAR the hardest of the modes to achieve the Soul Shard, I think I've only ever done it twice. Hitting 10 shots (which after the 1st 4 have to be in specific order) along with a roving shot, all while still in a 2 ball multiball - then collecting the Soul Shard on a timer.
The others are all achievable, especially FotD & HbtN if you are in multiball.

My favourites,
Enter Sandman on Metallica
Homer's Day or Bart's Day on TSPP
Kill the Witchking on LotR
NAVI on Avatar
Targaryen on GoT Prem/LE
Manual Burn on A13

Worst,
Any Video Mode
Any Frenzy Mode
Anything on the Hobbit - WTF is going on, or what are you meant to do?

"Destroy the WitchKing" on LOTR - very difficult to complete, In fact all 6 ring modes are pretty hard to get (for me), but this one is a killer. Even the 3 movie multiballs are hard to complete (easy to achieve). In fact LOTR has got tons of great modes, all hard to complete (for me). It's a game I'll play for years and years,

"Destroy the WitchKing" on LOTR - very difficult to complete, In fact all 6 ring modes are pretty hard to get (for me), but this one is a killer. Even the 3 movie multiballs are hard to complete (easy to achieve). In fact LOTR has got tons of great modes, all hard to complete (for me). It's a game I'll play for years and years,
To me, that's what makes a good mode. It needs to have a specific goal, and not be too easy to complete. That way when you do complete it, you get a sense of achievement - rather than just a few points.

The difference between completing the T-Rex and Megladon quests in Deadpool is chalk and cheese.

I have found Aces High by FAR the hardest of the modes to achieve the Soul Shard, I think I've only ever done it twice. Hitting 10 shots (which after the 1st 4 have to be in specific order) along with a roving shot, all while still in a 2 ball multiball - then collecting the Soul Shard on a timer.
The others are all achievable, especially FotD & HbtN if you are in multiball.
That's fair - I'm not in the finishing element of that mode yet, but I do score more points in that mode usually! But yes, they are all frickin' hard for us mere mortals...

I know it's fairy basic but I love tunnel hunt on TAF.

Worst, any mode on KISS.

Last edited:
Seance mode on TAF i do like the Supercharger mode on Getaway

Video mode on STTNG and most of the other modes on STTNG now i come to think of it

Not sure if Wizard modes count, but Super Hero on SpiderMan is cool as.
Horde’s great on TWD, especially on the Premium with the red GI pulsating.
I also love the build up to LITZ on TZ, even if it’s really just a flipping frenzy for the most of us.

Find Flynn on Tron is the epitemy of pointless - a shot really, not a mode, but it lights an essential insert! Just like recogniser too. (I still love me some TRON though). TZ has a few of those too.
Hit cousin sh-IT.
Also don’t enjoy video modes, unless they have cows in.

BEST

+1 for Horde - it isn't just the mode.. it is how you GET to the mode, the multi-kill feature on the game (which I am classing as part of the mode) is insane, such a cool feature and can let you blow the game up (well better players than I will).

NF - Bungee Mode

Not sure if it is a mode, but when you climb to the top and the "Jump" outlane lights up with the music having a background of "Jump Jump Jump Jump" which is really cool until you drain down the correct out lane.

WORST

I'll have a think on that... I don't like a lot on Addams or TZ - but can't really think of the "mode" associated with them.

I'm fond of Big Foot Hot Foot on WhiteWater, the only time entry to Bigfoot's Cave is permitted. Items (including a 'Williams Cow') retrieved from here help with the Lost Mine, and finding a camera starts Camera Craze, AIR

A non-favourite of mine is 'catch me if you can' on Corvette. Apart from the feisty attitude, the woman's car isn't complete - as the dmd frame slides into view, it's obvious that it's simply the final static frame, with the A-pillar cut off at the right, and nothing forward of that shown

And as above, I find Walk The Plank a let-down

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom