What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Moose Shack

Just as the weather is changing, Mrs Moose will be glad to get the house looking normal for Christmas (just don't say this Christmas)!

36F376EF-7359-4CAA-9D50-AA0108706C83.jpeg
Gable block work survived the winds. The outer skin brickwork will be done today. Then just got lift these two bad boys into place. Think builder is having second thoughts and has asked me to look into cranes ?. Bladdy expensive. The long I-beam is 6.5m and does weigh a fair old wack.
Anyone got access to a crane??

It’s a traditional roof that will be open inside. Trusses mean higher building and ceilings

Yeah probably need to build a bit of scaffold between the ‘pyramids’ and then get the gym bunnies to lift the beams up bit by bit until near the peak and then get them in place on top of the pad stones..

Depending on the helpers you get they might even be up for lifting them via ladders.

By the way have you any idea the weight of the 6.5 meter beam? I’m in the process of organising a 6m beam and wondering if I will need a few extra hands to secure it in its final resting place, above head height but on ground level.

The beam steel has a spec of 37kg not sure if this relates to per meter??

Just done the math. 240kg is nearly a quarter of a tonne ?

The beam steel has a spec of 37kg not sure if this relates to per meter??

Just done the math. 240kg is nearly a quarter of a tonne ?

It surely can't be that heavy, the solid concrete 5m beams for my extension were 230kg each - it took 4 of us to lift them and it was a struggle!

Back
Top Bottom