What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired monster bash

Expired Due to no activity

dodger

Registered
monster bash in full working order,led,s excellent playfield usual wrinkles around legs,has got custom alloy fixed leg protectors, new cpu fitted £5000 810808108181082810838108581086810878108481091

Last edited:
Looks nice.
What are the advantages of this as opposed to the remake?
I think you can pick up a remake classic for £6250 from Pinball Heaven.

I'm sure this is a lovely machine but I'd want to know it has been well looked after and completely rebuilt to justify it over the remake at the top dollar price.
For me there just isn't enough in the description.

MB is indeed a beautiful pin and great for casual players, family & freinds. So much so I’ve had 3 of them over the years and currently waiting on my remake in LE flavour.
Unfortunately all the originals of the remakes have taken a big hit on the market as collectors have found out these past couple of years with MM, AFM and now MB.
Due to this it may be worth considering theBay as opposed to pinfo but GLWS anyhow it looks a nice example and there are still some who prefer the originals over the remakes it’s just a matter of finding them hence theBay

With respect to the OP no one is going to spend £6500 on an original MB with a three line description and not nearly enough images.

i think you might be right, i,ll hang on for a bit and see what happens ????

With respect to the OP no one is going to spend £6500 on an original MB with a three line description and not nearly enough images.
ok would be interested to know what more information you would like.

I can't say I'm an expert, but... Now that the remake exists (everyone on here knows about it) selling an original one means it either has to be cheap(er) - e.g. a players condition or above average but not mint, and priced accordingly - or a super minter that has had no expense spared on it.

You should include photos of the boards, backbox photos, a lot more high res photos of the playfield, etc. It should read like it's a cherished example, not something that - with respect - it sounds like you've stumbled upon.

In my humble opinion you'll never get close to £6500 for one on here unless it is immaculate, and even then it's a very limited market thanks to the remake.

The remakes sure have changed the market for AFM, MM, and MB.

AFM and MB used to be twice the price of a TAF!

Put me in the camp of preferring a really nice original. Hard to think of anything where a reproduction is better quality than an original.

Originals now have to be super super nice as that MM that sold for £6500 a few weeks ago.

Reactions: DRD
tried ebay listing ,total waste of time. so with all this info that has come to light iv,e decided to put it back on at a realistic price of £5000 and take a kick in the nuts!(should have checked all this out before listing it)

tried ebay listing ,total waste of time. so with all this info that has come to light iv,e decided to put it back on at a realistic price of £5000 and take a kick in the nuts!(should have checked all this out before listing it)
Seems very reasonable. Lots of pictures and close ups of the minor discrepancies and i think it should sell. Still lots of people want an original MB. I think eventually they will hold their value better than a remake too. GLWS

eBay are doing £1 Final Value Fee this weekend (and most weekends it seems), so it's a no brainer to list it on there as well to be honest. Might even get more than on here?

Prices just vary so much - this MB just sold for 7650 Euros. A restored one. So, nearly 7k.

I’ve heard that despite the amazing light shows the remakes don’t play as well as the originals and that the playfields are not as tough? I thought I’d be fully on the remake train but an original is an original from a quick look on the internet an original weighs 300lbs a remake weighs 250lbs

As MB is widely recognised as a top title, many are in the hands of wealthy owners who want and can afford perfection.

These guys bid the game up to 6k plus when original MB, afm and mm were the three trophy titles to have. The same guys have been ordering the remakes and slowly upgrading their collections by buying the new tv backbox games and flogging their 20yr old wpc games due to lack of space

Still a desirable and valuable gam imho.

Wpc95 were heavier as they use MDF rather than plywood . If the remakes are plywood then that may be seen as an improvement

Back
Top Bottom