What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mm troll spring

domlouis

Registered
Hello everyone
I am about to demonstrate my incompetence again. So on my mm, I noticed that my right troll flap is missing one spring.
Armed with good intentions I bought one from pinparts and tonight i thought I'd have a look at fitting it.
Things didn't start very well as I put the game in test mode, pressed trolls and I was expecting the trolls to come out but they didn't. The game then started to tell me that my left and right troll up switches were bad. Test report told me the switches were bad. But individual switch tests say they were working fine. Spent 10 min scratching my bald head when it eventually dawned on me that the reason why the trolls didn't come up was because the coin door was opened and the coils disabled. Dow. Pressed the coil and door switches down with the door opened and miracle the trolls are now popping out in test mode. Yippee. Switch faults gone.
Right so back to my original problem and the spring under the flap. I have the spring. I have the flap. Am I meant to use an e clip of some type to hold the spring in position? I can see a groove for what should be a clip. The other flap doesn't give me much indication. It looks like a small wire is restraining the spring but that's it. Does anyone know?
Thank you
Dom

Don't have my MM anymore but seem to remember the springs are held on with a hairpin clip (like you say - small wire). You can pull them off with long nose pliers. They're easily lost!

Hairpin clip?
Like a real hairpin clip?
There is no such thing as a pinball hairpin clip, is there???

The mech breakdown is in the manual printed page 2-29 - part 12-6227 hairpin clip I think you're looking for :thumbs:

Sorry I realise that my response could appear aggressive. What I meant is: can I use a normal hairpin or do I need to buy a pinball specific one?

Part not available on pinparts.
I'll use a normal hairpin. Thanks guys.

Picture is useful as it shows a washer under the spring too. I think mm only has the hairpin and not the washer.

Back
Top Bottom