What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available MM, TAF, TS, RFM

domlouis

Registered
Long story short, I need to sell some of my games for financial reasons. The ones facing the chop are MM, TAF, TS and RFM. I am keeping the cheap 1980s titles that nobody wants.

I am located in Derby and I would rather like people to come and have a look at them to decide on their condition for themselves. I am not an expert and I have tried to describe them the best I could but my ‘good’ might be your ‘bad’.

So here is a description of the 4 games for sale today. They are all in player’s condition (ie not mint). I’ll post pictures tonight if I can.

MM

Purchased from Tilt in Sept-17. Original MM in full working condition (no fault on startup). Cabinet in good condition with wear around the flipper buttons. Playfield is good condition, with wear on some of the inserts, and on Merlin’s hole. I purchased from the US a protector (not a cliffy as he doesn’t make one for this hole but he pointed me in the direction of someone else who does). But I haven’t fitted the protector as it involves quite a bit of work which I felt was beyond my skills level. DMD bright and strong. Castle in good overall condition, albeit with evidence of wear on the metal bar at the bottom of the drawbridge. When I first received it, I fixed a slingshot, the catapult switch (which wasn’t always registering) and another switch under the playfield and since then it has worked faultlessly (to the point that I have never had to open the backbox). Bought it for £6,000 and that’s the price I’d like to sell it for.

TAF

Purchased from this forum in May-2018 and it came from Europe. Cabinet in good condition. Topper present but cracked and repaired by someone else. I actually don’t mind the repair as it makes it look like Frankenstein head with evident stitching, consistent with the theme. The thing flip is currently not working and I think it is down to the optos that detect the ball just above the flipper. I have ordered new optos which I will install before selling. Fester’s hole was worn and is now covered with a cliffy. Swamp hole does not look overly worn to me (compared to some I have seen in the past). Mansion inserts are in good condition (relatively unworn). DMD takes a couple of seconds to warm up and is a little bit weak along the top lines (I’ll try to show this on the photos but that might not be easy). Top of the flippers fitted with a weird cobweb design, which appeared to be glued on (no idea why). Looking for £4,000 for it.

TS

Purchased from eBay 4-5 years ago. No fault on startup. Cabinet in good condition. Playfield in good condition. Sanctum area covered with an overlay. The colour of which does not match very well with the rest of the playfield but that has never bothered me. I noticed that there are two colour versions of this overlay for sale and maybe the other one would be better. The metal ramp which launches the ball on the playfield at start-up has been cut by some idiot at some point in the life of the game, presumably because the coil was struggling to kick the ball up the ramp. The coil has been replaced and the metal wires re-aligned (they were bent to allow the ball not to have to reach the end of the ramp) but I haven’t re-welded them (skill level not adequate). The plastic facing the upper playfield is broken and I have a spare one to install if that takes your fancy. I also have some other spare plastics. The diverter on the left-hand ramp sometimes only move halfway across in one direction but I haven’t established why (it is intermittent). DMD takes a couple of seconds to warm up but is then strong. It is fitted with the Aurich translite and speaker panel but I have kept the old ones too. You can have both sets and you can decide which one you like the most. Looking for £2,000 for it.

RFM

Purchased from this forum in Jun-17. Original RFM with original screen and computer. Shows a couple of bulbs fault on startup which I haven’t been able to fix (either because I couldn’t reach the bulb or because replacing the bulb made no difference). Cabinet in good condition. Playfield in good condition (no obvious wear). Not much to say on this one apart from the fact that it is all original. Looking for £1,750 for it.

No swap offers, I need the money. No silly offers as I need the money, but not immediately. I will try to upload some photos tonight. If there are photos of any areas (worn or not worn) that you would like me to post, let me know and I will try to oblige.

As I said, I’d rather like you to come and have a look at them to make up your own mind. I am available most weekends.

If these don’t sell on here, I’ll put them on eBay but there is no rush at this stage.

Dom

Interested in the RFM. Can you send me the pictures when you can and also info around how many of the bulbs dont work...ie is it even that noticeable at all?

2x bulbs last time i checked and no it wasn't noticeable. I'll take a picture of the test report.

I wouldn't want to deprive a forum member of a bargain but since you've said you're selling for financial reasons you'd almost certainly get more than £4k for TAF on eBay. I haven't seen one sell for that for quite a while, and there have been some real stinkers on there recently.

Sorry guys but the games are temporarily not for sale anymore. Apologies for the retraction.

I came home tonight and was ambushed by the wife. It is a weird world we live in where i got hammered for getting the games in the first place ('How much have you spent on this???') and i am now getting chastised for trying to sell them ('You sell them over my dead body'). I have had to give in, at least temporarily. You know who is the boss in our family, and it isn't me.

When they get back on sale (and i am pretty confident they will as the financial need will materialise in about 3-4 months), I'll re-open a new thread. I had agreed a sale on the TAF and i will honour it with the seller when the games get back on sale (if he is still interested obviously).

Apologies for messing everyone around, I will go and lie low for a bit now.

Admin, you can close this thread if you want.

No probs keep enjoying them and gimme a shout if it ever comes up again. It’s no big hardship as it’s my neighbour who has been hassling to find since I sold my TAFG. Now I’ve just gotta build up the courage and let him down ? again ? ?

Thanks for letting me know anyway regards col

Sorry guys but the games are temporarily not for sale anymore. Apologies for the retraction.

I came home tonight and was ambushed by the wife. It is a weird world we live in where i got hammered for getting the games in the first place ('How much have you spent on this???') and i am now getting chastised for trying to sell them ('You sell them over my dead body'). I have had to give in, at least temporarily. You know who is the boss in our family, and it isn't me.

When they get back on sale (and i am pretty confident they will as the financial need will materialise in about 3-4 months), I'll re-open a new thread. I had agreed a sale on the TAF and i will honour it with the seller when the games get back on sale (if he is still interested obviously).

Apologies for messing everyone around, I will go and lie low for a bit now.

Admin, you can close this thread if you want.
Mine are hiding in the garage I need your wife to chat to mine ?

Back
Top Bottom