What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini DV tapes help!

daveyp

Site Supporter
Morning,

Can anyone help with any ideas as found an old Mini DV camcorder with tapes and they have clips of my youngest lad who's 19 now. Nothing on any tapes is playing back a I'm just getting blue screen and the screens working as on camcorder mode I can see the image. I have rewound them to the start before playing.

Many thanks for any help.

Dave

Last edited:
Morning,

Can anyone help with any ideas as found an old Mini DV camcorder with tapes and they have clips of my youngest lad who's 19 now. Nothing on any tapes is playing back a I'm just getting blue screen and the screens working as on camcorder mode I can see the image. I have rewound them to the start before playing.

Many thanks for any help.

Dave
Quick google:

Sorry I can’t help but in a similar vein is there an easy way to digitise these tapes? What I really want is a machine that you just stick them in press play and it turns it into a file. Does such a thing exist?

Would imagine it is the player. Especially if it is all the tapes.
You can get oxide lifting from tapes which is a big thing in the audio world - and in these situations they 'bake' the tapes.
Never known it done on video tapes.
As you are storing digital information - you normally get blue screens where on analog tapes you could see rolling images etc.
Why dont you ask on here to see if anyone has a player you can borrow to transfer the tapes?
Or buy a working one on ebay then sell it on. They can not be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom