What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midlands Meeting

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
Good afternoon,

We are fast approaching the first Midlands League Meeting of
the year.

It will be held on Sunday 7th Feb at David Dodds house in Newark.

Doors open at 12:00 for practice, followed by the
competition start at 2:00.

Games will be chosen from:
Addams Family
Banzai Run
Black Night 2000
Funhouse
Paragon
Shadow
Twilight Zone
Vector &
World Poker Tour

Entry to the league is £2 for all over 15s, free for children.
Hot food and ice cream will be available from 1:00, along with both hot and cold drinks.

All that is asked is that a voluntary contribution is made towards the cost of the food and machine repairs, not forgetting the
time and effort put into hosting the meeting.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, but it is still worth pointing out, the majority of the meetings through the year are hosted by people generous enough to open their house to strangers to come and play their machines. Having experienced the amount of time and effort needed to be put in to prepare for a meeting myself I know how stressful a day it can be!

Please respect the fact that you are in somebody else's house playing their machines. As such, swearing, excessive use of force on machines, drinking alcohol and general "loutish behaviour" will not be tolerated at any of the meetings and you will be asked to leave.

If you would like to come, but have not received a direct email from me with the address please contact me.

Wayne

looks like a great lineup.
is there a no booze policy in the Midlands league then? we usually have a few beers in the SE league (though getting plastered is kinda frowned on)

There's not necessarily a no booze policy, but that have been occasions when people have turned up to some comps I've ran and got plastered. It's more to make the point you're in someone else's house and more than likely there'll be children around. It's meant to be a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
I'm sure if the host doesn't mind, or even offers drinks it won't be a problem.

It certainly can't be a strict no alcohol policy as one of the meets is likely to be at Tilt!

Wayne makes a fair point here Dan. Only I am allowed to throw up and **** on the floor in my own house. My wife too, in extremis.

Others have done this. But all have been grabbed, and have had cat worming pills rammed down their throats

Pm me your email and I'll add you to the mailing list,so you'll never miss another update.
Also check out the schedule posted on the UK pinball league website

Awesome days pinball :D Huge thanks to David @DRD and Eileen for hosting...top notch as always :thumbs: Even the new puppy seemed to deal with us all quite happily :)

Meet 1.PNG U16 Meet1.PNG Here are the results from the meeting, well done Dom, and thanks to David for hosting.
See you all next month

I'm just sorry I couldn't make the first Midlands meet of the season - Doctor's orders and all that!uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160207_8fb4f8262b25d7bc2e94fd284bd8dccd.jpg

Were all the big kids pushing you around the playground Mark? ;)

Also, your fingers look fine so you still should have been able to play pinball :)

Were all the big kids pushing you around the playground Mark? ;)

Also, your fingers look fine so you still should have been able to play pinball :)
Unfortunately it's way more embarrassing than that. I was kicking a football around with a bunch of seven year olds - slipped and went down like a felled tree. Knocked myself out and then had to walk back into school with blood pouring down my face, seriously concussed and a broken wrist! The shame, oh the shame [emoji47]

Yeah big thanks to David and Eileen for today, really enjoyed it.
As usual, the pinball was awesome, food was lovely, and the people were very friendly :)

Me !!

Rick owns a bk2k, was well dialled in and and put up some long ball times. I snagged the Ransom as part of our playing quartet !!!

Me !!

Rick owns a bk2k, was well dialled in and and put up some long ball times. I snagged the Ransom as part of our playing quartet !!!
Lol, so after the thread about trying to stop it happening YOU benefitted from it? Hang your head in shame! :D

I only managed to light 4 of the 5 letters on my game, otherwise would have been approaching a bonus point and league high score.
Shame it was too little too late. 18m

Back
Top Bottom