What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midlands League Meeting Sunday 18 March

DRD

Registered
3rd meeting of the 2018 season. If you are not on Wayne's mailing list, pls pm me for the address .

Noon to 2pm practice
2pm to 5pm league play

Dialed-In
Scared Stiff
The Shadow
Twilight Zone
Fish Tales
The Addams Family
Funhouse
Whirlwind
Banzai Run
Fathom
Centaur
Paragon

I didn't get the email on this :(

I am so excited for this, what an incredible list of games.

I have PM'd @Wayne J as he said he'd added me to the list, @DRD as a backup could you PM me the address...

That game list though... :O

Sorry folks.
No-one has had an email.
I've been moving house over the weekend and had no laptop or Wi-Fi.
In back in work tomorrow so will get it sent out then

Hmm - this is the closest midlands meet to me but at 2.5 hours, I’m going to have to make a late decision on it tomorrow. Thought the beast had been tamed!!! E0A8D46C-F94A-4463-BF1C-BF425F323A9B.jpeg

Very little snow has settled here. We very rarely get much snow where I live. Sheffield gets it. Leeds gets it. But snow very rarely intervenes here .

I am speaking to Wayne at 9am tomorrow to make a call on this.

Everyone coming to my house would travel on the A1 motorway which is gritted and or the A57 (main Sheffield to Lincoln Road) which is gritted.

Worst case, I am only ten minutes walk off the a57 and the main roads in my village should be fine.

We had 80 folk in the village hall for the cinema tonight so as of now the roads are ok

But we do need to revisit this in the morning .

I live on a side road and actually the roads here this morning look decent, if it is on, I’m imagining it will be fine to venture so I’m in.

Spoken to Wayne. The meeting is ON.

Last edited:
I took these photos at about 7-30am today.

No snow is falling now.

The entrance to my village off the a57
IMG_20180318_0748201.jpg

High Street ...

IMG_20180318_0751573.jpg

Fantastic league meet !! My first one this season :oops:

Many thanks for letting us play some really nice machines !
Awesome games room too , really great to see it it the flash instead of pictures :thumbs:
Many thanks for the food and all the people who helped to lay on a super spread :)

O nearly for got nice to meet up with @Adajam4 :thumbs:

Yeah, me and the girls really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks very much for hosting.

The games room is amazing, as are the machines in it. You've managed to make machines that are more than 25years old, look like nib pins. Very impressed, (and more than a little bit jealous) :thumbs:

Effie now wants a scared stiff and pheebs wants a twilight zone. I'd best get saving!!!

You and your girls are welcome any time Dan. Eileen really enjoyed talking to your kids. You may have spotted that they managed to get fed first !

And I was impressed how confident they were around Bella .

Wow - what a day!

@DRD that setup was incredible, thank you for your hospitality - those machines played so well, I need to get those rubber feet on mine as I am sure they helped me with the nudging, the plastic castors I have don't let the machine move like they did.

@carl lawrence great to meet you too, albeit briefly, look forward to a beer at Daventry if you are going.

Are the others I was with ("Phil", "Tony" and "Alex" - I am useless with names) on here? Be good to put a face and a name to a forum name (probably should have asked, was too busy seeing how pinball should be played!)

Once again, thanks for a great great day, my first of many I hope.

Thank you Dave and family for the day. Well worth battling the elements. Theo and I thoroughly enjoyed it even if I was just terrible.
I came looking forward to playing dialed in and i left thinking I d love to have a fathom as it is just beautiful. Made me want to give a second look at these older titles that I usually ignore.

Thanks to David and Eileen for hosting.

A great line up, all in immaculate condition. Shame Banzai Run gave up the ghost before we got started, but these things happen.
One minor problem on Scared Stiff but everything else played perfectly.

The latest machine I want to go to firewood is Fathom. The ball touched a flipper once during my 4 balls.

Attached are the results of the meet and the standings for the U16s. Full standings will be on the Uk Pinball League website in the next day or 2.

Meet 3.JPG U16 total.JPG

Next meeting is at Electric Circus on Sunday 15th April, hosted by @steve brum . Hope to see you all there, when 10 of the 40 or so games will be chosen for league play.

Back
Top Bottom