What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica Pro Diverter Issue

DaveA

Registered
HI having a bit of an issue with the diverter post behind sparky. It has raised up slightly so is now sitting slightly higher than the playfield, so the ball is getting stuck there. Ive lifted up the playfield and taken a look, it looks like a mechanical device that pops the post up (same as what takes the balls out the trough, please let me know the name) and that when in resting position it sits against the black rubber stop (see pic).
So feels like i need to be able to lower the black rubber stop about a fraction of a millimeter but cant figure out how. The bolt at bottom isnt screwable and looks welded. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20240108_143846.jpg
    20240108_143846.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240108_143835.jpg
    20240108_143835.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 22
Looks pretty simple in theory, undo the nut on the threaded section attached to the rubber part, thread that out a bit to lower it and then the post will sit lower and then tighten the nut up again to stop it moving. Assuming the nut will turn ok and isnt seized in place, in which case you will still be able to lower the rubber part, just not lock it in place with the nut again.

Looks pretty simple in theory, undo the nut on the threaded section attached to the rubber part, thread that out a bit to lower it and then the post will sit lower and then tighten the nut up again to stop it moving. Assuming the nut will turn ok and isnt seized in place, in which case you will still be able to lower the rubber part, just not lock it in place with the nut again.
Spot on, very simple adjustment. 👍

Im new to all this so might not be the last time i ask for help with something simple - you are all very kind for spending time to help 😃
Nothings ever too simple, especially with this hobby. Part of the attraction is the learning curve and problem solving for me. For every bit of advice I give you can guarantee I’ve asked for help twice as often 👍

It looks like the bottom of your bracket that holds the adjuster is bent upwards slightly (should be a straight 90 degrees) and the amount it is bent upwards is probably how much the post is pushed up out of the playfield. If the bracket is bent back to the 90 degrees, I think the post will be level with the playfield again.

Back
Top Bottom