What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mend Our Mum campaign

JT.

Site Supporter
The mum of two girls who work part time in our local pub has recently been diagnosed with a form of cancer for which their is no adequate treatment on the NHS. Her daughters started a campaign to try and raise funds to get her treatment in the US to prolong her life (there are proven drugs available in the US, but they cost £100k). There have been loads of charity events in and around our village and we've raised a lot, but to expand the reach of the campaign, 1100 members of our village (which has 1800 residents) participated in a video of Amazing Grace - you might see me in it, towards the end - the 'local community group' that I was part of was 'pub goer' - lol.

This is the video

In the last week or so, the video has been on BBC Breakfast, local BBC News, ITV Daybreak and local ITV TV, on many radio stations and today got it's first national newspaper publicity in the Express: http://www.audlem.org/newsroom/daily-express-huge-mend-our-mum.html

The publicity so far has resulted in a lot of donations - upwards of £70k overall I believe, but the higher up the charts the song goes, the more publicity it gets (it's about 125th in the UK chart today, having been released in the last couple of days).

It would be great if anyone can support this by buying a copy (
), offering a donation (http://www.gofundme.com/cij464) or even sharing the link on Facebook to help publicise the cause - we hope it will go viral (search for 'mend our mum' on Facebook, then share the link they gave with the song on it).

Or, depending on how people feel about it, maybe we could do a 'pinball info' donation - send funds to Paul/pinball info, then Paul could submit the lot on behalf of the site? Anything would help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom