What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Me in a ballet tutu - who'd have thought it! Can you Help please?

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

No i am not coming out of the closet...

I am dong a Duathlon in November in aid of Cancer research and depending how much cash i could be made up like Lilly Savage with a TuTu....

All i am asking is that you print off the attached and put in a prominent place at work please.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JB

Note This PDF has the amended hyper link.

Attachments

• PaulCharlesRun1.pdf
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Put it up in my office kitchen :thumbs: When I click on the hyperlink in the pdf or copy paste the link into my browser I get a 404 error though :( I can find your page if I search for your name on Just Givings site however? Not sure what's wrong with the link as it looks the same to me but it isn't working (at least for me). I'm using Chrome.

Cheers mate. Seems top be a bug with adobe or an OS bug, it does not like the hyphen It is even worse in Edge it misses the hyphen off altogether and goes to a diffenrt fund raiser. I wil sort, soe how....

Will print one out for the NLP desk John. We'll help make sure you're at least wearing a Tutu :thumbs:

The link for anyone wanting to donate directly: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-bateson

(And the issue with the PDF is likely due to the font you've used? It's parsing the hyphen as a different character (with multiple bytes). Microsoft Word frequently mucks things up by changing the hyphen character, so could be that? Only affects people trying to copy/paste the link from the pdf though, so fairly minor hopefully)

Found the bug.

The printed link is correct, as you read it. But the embedded link is somehow corrupted when you click it.

I have removed the hyper link behind link from the original Word doc and rather than print to PDF save as PDF and the link works fine. Standbye for new doc. Have deleted the old one, please do not use it!

Can you check it is okay now please Chris - see original post?

Cheers.

Will print one out for the NLP desk John. We'll help make sure you're at least wearing a Tutu :thumbs:

The link for anyone wanting to donate directly: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-bateson

(And the issue with the PDF is likely due to the font you've used? It's parsing the hyphen as a different character (with multiple bytes). Microsoft Word frequently mucks things up by changing the hyphen character, so could be that? Only affects people trying to copy/paste the link from the pdf though, so fairly minor hopefully)

Yes mate, tis that. I should have solved it now though. And thanks for the big up!!!

Yep, works now :thumbs: I've had someone at my office hand me £20 cash for you so remind me to give it you at Pinfest :)

Well done john. Donated on just giving. I see the £2000 are getting dangerously close. What will happen then????

Soooo, almost over £2.5k - thank you again everyone that has donated.

If you want to come along and see me make a twat out of myself (more than usual) then this is where it is all happening on Saturday 3rd November: -

http://www.osbevents.com/events/duathlon/robin-hood-off-road-duathlon/

I will be the bloke in the wig, Pink tutu, make up and now with added stockings too (thank you Mark R) !!!!

:)

See you at NLP for those going.

JB

Final update before race day tomorrow. I have a ****ty cold, a knackered shoulder due to falling out of the garage roof void a month ago and a dodgy foot. I had to stop running over a week and a half ago to try and let the it get better - so to say this may be a challenge, is putting it mildly :).

On the plus side, training went very well and i have never been in better condition. I am really looking forward to it and cant wait for a fry up afterwards. And the best news is that we have raised just over £2.8K. I am taking my CRUK money buckets with me to see if I can get a bit more on the day and get through the £3k mark.

If you can come along and jeer or shout words of encouragement (or even take my place) that would be great :) Please see the link below for details: -

https://www.osbevents.com/events/du...AItUH46KBPOPbCVXlVDfX3l04rYbz11CHc7YBjILnuanI

If you would like to donate, that would be great too: -

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-bateson

Cancer. If you are reading this; we will kick your ass!

Cheers

JB

Good luck with it mate! Make sure plenty of pictures make it on here, I want to see what we've all paid for!

Seriously though, good on you for doing it and well done for raising so much for charity!

Good luck with it mate! Make sure plenty of pictures make it on here, I want to see what we've all paid for!

Seriously though, good on you for doing it and well done for raising so much for charity!
Cheers mate, will do. Got a little helper on the day so loads of pics all being well :)

Back
Top Bottom