What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man Overboard - A whitewater project

Yeah i'm aware of these and used them previously. I dont like them much though as they are big and bulky and cover up artwork and the clear goodness, but they are useful. I just wonder how long before the ramps actually actually break. The targets have to get bent back quite away. Usually we are looking at ramps which are 25 +years old and have had 10000's of plays.

I really want this to look as factory as possible. There may be no choice though
Agree Jim but would be shame to end up with one cracked!

Yeah i'm aware of these and used them previously. I dont like them much though as they are big and bulky and cover up artwork and the clear goodness, but they are useful. I just wonder how long before the ramps actually actually break. The targets have to get bent back quite away. Usually we are looking at ramps which are 25 +years old and have had 10000's of plays.

I really want this to look as factory as possible. There may be no choice though
When i did mine i used Reinforced Targets - That way it didnt need the protectors, and the Targets didnt flex back enough to make contact with the Ramp :)

Mega rebuild! Where's best for new screw hardware? I hate chewed up heads...

Update on my new whitewater topper control pcb.

All revisions to the first prototype have been completed and i'll be getting the first lot of v1.0 boards in soon. I have a proto one running on my game now. Lovely to not have nasty locked on lamps and janky control now to at boot. Quick reminder that this is a complete redesign and not just a silly clone of the original design (like some others)

This product will be added to my website soon. Cost will be around £80 plus shipping.

IMG_3805.JPG

Some vids of the game in backbox test and how the lamps behave at boot and when entering test etc

View attachment IMG_3806.MOV
View attachment IMG_3807.MOV

Those look so much better! I don't know how they could have left the shop painted they way they were.

This is going to look fantastic! (Well, it already does really!)

Playfield all together now with the boulders back on. Just need to wait for a couple of things for the left boulder (new sticker and lost mine sign) but fitted for now. Colour dmd to fit to and cab hardware to redo at some point to

IMG_3837.JPGIMG_3838.JPGIMG_3839.JPGIMG_3840.JPGIMG_3841.JPGIMG_3842.JPG

Played a load of games yesterday testing and adjusting a few things. Play absolutely lovely. silky smooth! Just like i remember them being new in the hunters Inn back in 1993.

IMG_3873.JPGIMG_3876.JPGIMG_3877.JPG

Last edited:
Just noticed on mine as fixed now that the two leaf switches (jet arena) below the bumpers are not getting hit, 55 in particular. Realised quickly that there is a post by the lower bumper with a rubber that goes across blocking the ball going down which makes it virtually impossible to register those switches.
Looking at your pics it looks like there is a hole slightly above to the right next to the lower bumper, did you have a post there too?
Did you just leave the hole or fill/cover it as I don’t think you have a post with a rubber blocking the way down.
Or is the post supposed to be there and have a small round rubber on?
Previous owner had this one since about 1997.

Great 3 options then😂
Think I will remove the blockage and put a rubber on the post only and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom