What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAME cab suggestions?

DevilzAvocado

Registered
Hi all, whilst I know a bit about pinball I have not the faintest idea about videogame cabinets. One of my friends wants to get a MAME cabinet. I know that a lot of people build them and I can see from the posts on here that there are all sorts of options that mean absolutely nothing to me.

Is there a retailed cab that can be recommended? He has the budget, and I thought I'd ask here to see if I could be any use to him by riding on the coat tails of your wisdom.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi mate, I'm selling mine soon. Grand Theft Auto skin 94000 games 16TB system, 32" monitor, GeForce RTX 2060 Graphic card etc . . . massive spec.

Hi mate, I'm selling mine soon. Grand Theft Auto skin 94000 games 16TB system, 32" monitor, GeForce RTX 2060 Graphic card etc . . . massive spec.

Hyperspin?

How do you play Vice City on a stick Gonzo? Is there a pad as well with it? Sweet looking cab, looks loaded af

If you want an authentic experience then get an original Jamma Arcade Cabinet with an original CRT screen. You can run Groovymame on a PC that outputs the correct refresh rates to the CRT and for most games is identical to running the original PCB's. Getting a proper Jamma cab also give you the option of running original arcade PCB's. Original Jamma Cabs can often be picked up cheaper than some of the replica's and are better built. UKVac is the best place to look.
I have Grooymame running on a few of my Cabs.

Love a Candy cab @Andypc . I had a Sega Blast City for a long time and it was an absolutely incredible cab. Ended up flogging it to Arcade Club up in Bury

If you want an authentic experience then get an original Jamma Arcade Cabinet with an original CRT screen. You can run Groovymame on a PC that outputs the correct refresh rates to the CRT and for most games is identical to running the original PCB's. Getting a proper Jamma cab also give you the option of running original arcade PCB's. Original Jamma Cabs can often be picked up cheaper than some of the replica's and are better built. UKVac is the best place to look.
Thanks. I'll take a look.

How do you play Vice City on a stick Gonzo? Is there a pad as well with it? Sweet looking cab, looks loaded af

Yes mate, it has USB ports so you can plug in controller's for more modern consoles like xbox, playstaion & Wii etc. The controllers are a benefit for games like Red Dead, Assassins Creed & Fifa but the cabinet sticks are better for the old classics like Gauntlet & Streetfighter etc.

Yes mate, it has USB ports so you can plug in controller's for more modern consoles like xbox, playstaion & Wii etc. The controllers are a benefit for games like Red Dead, Assassins Creed & Fifa but the cabinet sticks are better for the old classics like Gauntlet & Streetfighter etc.

Very snazzy mate, I dig

Love an old crt😎
Hardly used though these days.

Attachments

• D9393357-E30C-4A36-A294-D23C5485976E.jpeg
    D9393357-E30C-4A36-A294-D23C5485976E.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16

this is the way, 👍

Back
Top Bottom