What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia/Thunderbirds after Pinfest

Horsey

Registered
Since their existing threads are pretty long, I thought I would start a new one and ask the question.

Has anyones opinions changed after playing these at Pin fest?

I have watched both streams and was pleasantly surprised.

Mafia is certainly a nice looking game and the lightning is pretty cool. Got a few nice rules but not sure how much can be added in future code updates.

I still think Thunderbirds looks good. The music is all over the place and the hurry ups could be a little clearer. But again, nothing a code update wouldn't fix.
The centre ramp still looks brutal if you don't manage to make it.

Went to Pinfest with the intent of possibly buying Thunderbirds. Layout is amateurish, sound is all over the place, dots are basic. To be told it is what it is by Mike and there will be no updates except major bugs. Oh and you have to either send the board in or get a key from the distrib? Not a chance, even at that price. They lost 2 sales that day.
Mafia was surprisingly good, It was a bit springy probably because of the new white rubbers. Loved the screen treatment. Could do well at half the price but I understand why they want to claw some money back. Great first pin team.

TB I'd expect to find in a seaside arcade next to stuffed toy crane machine. Not great but at the price suspect it will sell alot to bozo locations.

Mafia I thought played well agree with above - its pricey, at 4K I'd consider it but not at 6.

I say again, I can't believe ITV signed off on that artwork on thunderbirds. its freaking shocking.

Didn't play Thunderbirds, watched a few games and TBH the theme doesn't really grab me.

Played Mafia a few times, seemed to be a decent game but found it a bit, um, 'floaty' - quite slow playing and spent a lot more time playing other machines

I say again, I can't believe ITV signed off on that artwork on thunderbirds. its freaking shocking.
The artwork is subjective though. I think it looks quite nice. I don't like the CGI 'Thunderbirds Are Go' look, but ITV just commissioned a fourth series of it.

I think that Thunderbirds may be going to a children's hospital rather than to ITV..

Quite liked Mafia but the big thing missing for me was a 'Rip the spinner' round the orbits. TB was OK but the middle ramp was like a optical illusion. You'd hit it up quite fast and it would slow down, reverse and go SDTM. I could have just been p*ssed mind you...............

Back
Top Bottom