What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Newbie!

Jackkoostow

Registered
Hi all, having a bit of spare time on my hands I have decided to take the plunge and go in the direction of "Pinball" Just acquired a nice machine called Strange Science but appears to be a few issues with it, anyone out there who could recommend a decent chap to have a look at it?

Welcome aboard mate.
I'm sure we'll get you up and running. Cool game is strange science.
Wha are the issues mate.

as I am not sure what should be flashing and banging! I don't know where to start, most lights come on but the balls wont release to start the game.

I'd start with credits? Is it on free play or credits.
Can you start a game but it just won't eject the balls in to the trough? Or won't it even start?

Let us know and we'll go from there

Welcome to the forum @Jackkoostow if your location is East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire then I could come over to help you. I'm no expert repair guy but might be able to offer some advice. I'm not around for the next couple of weeks but give me a shout after that if you haven't solved it :thumbs:
Hi thanks for showing interest in my problem, I am also away on Friday for 2 weeks but would like to take up your offer, I presume we can swap contact details somehow?

I'd start with credits? Is it on free play or credits.
Can you start a game but it just won't eject the balls in to the trough? Or won't it even start?

Let us know and we'll go from there
Hi again, have only just acquired the machine and plugged it in, have pushed the free play button down on the back of the door but it doesn't seem to start up the game

When I went to see it, it would load the balls but some of the obstacles wouldn't score plus lots of lights were missing, now the balls will not even load!
It sounds like you have a project pin on your hands. If you have the time and inclination, I suggest having a go at it yourself; there is a wealth of information online and on this forum, and plenty of nutters like myself (and Ron who has already offered to pop round!) to help out with that task.

I'm not asking for a figure because it's none of my business, but even in todays market, hopefully you paid less than £1k for a pin with faults. If much less than that, then you did well!

hardcore game. hopefully yours had a working Neon as we had to source one for ours and still not fitted!

ss.jpg

Just a quick question do you know where the balls are? Might be worth trying to find em, if they weren't taken out on transportation they could be anywhere causing havoc

One thing worth doing is to go through the diagnostic menus using the 4 buttons inside the coin door. That way you can go through all the lamps which would help you see if a whole Collin is out or just dead bulbs, test all the solenoids and mechs and put it on free play

Just a quick question do you know where the balls are? Might be worth trying to find em, if they weren't taken out on transportation they could be anywhere causing havoc
Now that would be embarrassing....!

bally 6803 wont complete boot if not enough balls in (or registering ) in trough. I had a dicky switch on Heavy metal that caused problems.

no smart 4 buttons here. 6803 have the infamous keypad so best follow manual for diagnostics as alien to those used to the 3 or 4 button system!

kp.jpg

have pushed the free play button down on the back of the door but it doesn't seem to start up the game

I think that button inside the door will put the machine into Book-keeping/Test mode, it isn't a Free Play control as such. Most electronic pins have a memory-stored adjustment specifically for Free Play, selectable on the displays as Yes or No. To begin with, watch the idling/'Attract' mode (assuming the machine comes on alright) to see if the displays show "Free Play" or "Credits #". If it has Credits 0, put credits on by operating the coin switches, then press the Start button on the left margin of the cabinet.

I think that button inside the door will put the machine into Book-keeping/Test mode, it isn't a Free Play control as such. Most electronic pins have a memory-stored adjustment specifically for Free Play, selectable on the displays as Yes or No. To begin with, watch the idling/'Attract' mode (assuming the machine comes on alright) to see if the displays show "Free Play" or "Credits #". If it has Credits 0, put credits on by operating the coin switches, then press the Start button on the left margin of the cabinet.
Hi, Jay, will try that tomorrow and see what happens, have now got a download to go through with lots of different procedures.

if you PM me for a number you are welcome to call at the weekend and I can talk you through the 6803 test system whilst I'm sat in front of my strange science as the manual is clear as mud

Just a suggestion but why don't you Skype eachother so you can see in real time what is happening and hopefully diagnose the problem. Would offer myself but clueless unless it only involves Novus 1.

Back
Top Bottom