What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mac OSX Lion

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Downloaded and installed OSX Lion onto my Macbook today and have to say it looks pretty good for the price. It upgraded from Snow Leopard no probs and all of my apps still work. The extra gesture controls are good although I'd been using Better Touch Tools before so not that amazing to me. Other cool things I've seen so far are

• Lauchpad displays all your apps on screen kind of like a big IPad and it works via a gesture so is easy to switch in and out of.
  • The new Finder window is better laid out and has more useful directories listed down the left.
  • Mission Control looks like a fancier Expose and groups your open apps together by type.
  • You can move quickly between any open full screen apps and the dashboard with a swipe gesture.

If anyone is thinking whether to upgrade I'd say it's worth it for £21 which is cheap for an OS. Can't ever imagine paying that for a new version of Windows
smile-1.png

Has anyone else upgraded, what do you think? Have you found any cool new features?

Cheers

Chris

I've upgraded.

The full-screen applications are great on my MacBook, but less necessary on my 27" iMac. Lots of other nice touches though, and the price makes it a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom