What's new

LW3 Safety Strap

Judderman

Site Supporter
Hi

Flushed from my success at soldering in a new switch (ie I didn't get blobs of solder everywhere & didn't burn myself), I want to try to sort a couple of niggles out. When I lift the play field to vertical, there's a safety strap to hook on to something to keep it upright, but I can't see what; I think it's missing.

Does anyone have (or can take) a picture of it in place so I can try to replicate it, please? I've googled & looked through the manual to no avail.

Regards, Stewart

Hi, there should be an “eye” at the bottom of the underside of the p/f as shown in pics.
I’m buggered how the hell your supposed to hook it on because it won’t stretch that far!

Attachments

• E299E1C2-481B-485D-8E3C-59BE19D3E40A.jpeg
    E299E1C2-481B-485D-8E3C-59BE19D3E40A.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 21
  • B8EDF33D-6A6B-4784-B98D-3A10EB6CC175.jpeg
    B8EDF33D-6A6B-4784-B98D-3A10EB6CC175.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 22
I haven’t had a DE set up for ages, but that strap is for use when you have just tilted the playfield up vertically - ie the rear edge of the playfield is in the bottom of the cabinet.

The picture shows the playfield lifted up with its rear edge resting on the cab runner, so you would just tilt it back against the back box?

Hi, there should be an “eye” at the bottom of the underside of the p/f as shown in pics.
I’m buggered how the hell your supposed to hook it on because it won’t stretch that far!

Thanks Garry, that's a massive help.

I don't didn't have one of those as you can see here
1569771838105.png

but I did have this.
1569771915964.png

So now I know where to put it, here it is.
1569772047794.png

I think the reason you can't make yours reach is because it looks like you have pulled the back/bottom edge of the playfield forwards. The guy I bought it off said that to stand the playfield up, it locked into a couple of recesses at the back of the runners, and the strap is there to stop the playfield pivoting forward about this fulcrum - but without the strap , it feels *really* precarious & I always kept one hand on it, which makes it tricky to do anything useful.

It's been along time since I had a data east ( LAH ) I think it was lift up and push playfield back to have the playfield bolt upright , did it once and hated it like that ! So for me it was lift up and slide towards me then tip back to the backbox , just like you do for a new stern , but you do have to be careful when tilting the playfield back because it it comes of the runners it will drop on the flipper board which is on the side of the cab at the front :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom