What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud pop after match sequence matches

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
I have an issue with my LOTR: if the match sequence at the end of the game matches, the machine emits a short loud pop/screech and back to standby (it's on free play). It really sounds bad, like the speakers are saturating.

If the numbers don't match then everything is fine.

I'm thinking maybe that specific file is corrupt in the sound ROM? Any other ideas?

I posted the exact same query when I got my first Pin, thought for sure it was broken. Surely they can come up with a better sound than that, like you know, a knocker sound?

That's the one, although it sounds a lot worse on my machine. Maybe because the sound board is modded (pinsound).

Anyway I'll switch it off. Thanks Marvello!

With Pinsound you can control the volume of the knocker and also change the wav that is triggered.
Clearly I still have much to learn... I'm assuming this isn't accessed through the service menu, do I need some special board to program the pinsound?

Back
Top Bottom