What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like I need a new tv for xMas

If you squint you can’t really see it… maybe it’s not that bad….

take the back off. reseat the ribbon cables esp one from main board to a smaller board that goes to the screen display. then start replacing boards. they’re all usually available. i’ve fixed several tvs this way. last one was a £4 board from ebay incl postage. if boards not available or too pricey, buy a new one. the old one will be of interest to the board sellers to either repair or use the good parts for spares.

My dad used to fix tv’s for DER in the 70’s, he said just give it a good whack!
Failing that see above😂

My dad used to fix tv’s for DER in the 70’s, he said just give it a good whack!
Failing that see above😂
I already gave it a good whack, that's how I got in this mess in the first place :D

Last edited:
I already have it a good whack, that's how I got in this mess in the first place :D
Fair do's.
Lets face it, there's plenty of c**p broadcast that would make you want to give the box a good whack:
The One Show
Strictly
I'm a lazy sod, Fix My Garden
and something I saw the other day called Chinwag - utter rubbish 😉😉😉

Fair do's.
Lets face it, there's plenty of c**p broadcast that would make you want to give the box a good whack:
The One Show
Strictly
I'm a lazy sod, Fix My Garden
and something I saw the other day called Chinwag - utter rubbish 😉😉😉
Was watching Smallville (love that show even though its crazy old)

Any one know of any good 55inch tvs? These LGs are way to fragile, this time it was a dish washer tablet my son threw but really shouldn’t do this much damage!!!

Philips ambilight for me, have two friends after seeing ours bought the same range

I've not had any problems with Samsung.
So good I've got 1 above the other. Great for watching while playing on PS

Attachments

• 16429672316962220131933946736586.jpg
    16429672316962220131933946736586.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom