What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a new project

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
I'm out of space for more pins at the moment but need a project to keep me off the streets this winter so have been thinking about doing something with a cabaret style arcade cab. I've been watching the PacMan cab restore on Johns Arcade on Youtube and thats got me hankering after something like that :)

I'm not specifically after a dedicated game and would actually prefer doing something with one of those 60 in 1 boards but whilst I know a bit about pins, I know sod all about arcade games (other than MAME). I also know that a few people on here do know quite a lot about arcade games so am after some advice....thats a lot of knowing :D

Some questions for you knowledgable people:
  • Does anyone have a cabaret style cab for sale or know someone who does?
  • What the chance of picking up something that has a monitor and generally works but might need some cosmetic work etc?
  • Are these rare and am I talking about doing something sacrilegious in the arcade community? :)
  • What kind of cash am I looking at for a project like this?
Any advice will be gratefully recieved :)

I'm not sure what a caberet cab is, but I've got a very nice Killer Instinct 2 Cab if your interested?

Chris. I bought a project last month. But in truth I'm probably not gonna get round to it for ages. My son absorbs my time at the moment. I haven't even switched my pins on since the middle of October !!
The machine is a six button jamma cab. Called a bookies cab. It comes with a PC for mame but is currently wired for jamma. I bought it as working but haven't switched it on yet. It needs repainting.
I paid £130 for it so looking to recoup that. Includes everything but I don't have any jamma boards .
Here's a poor pic which I have!
image.jpg

It's low to the ground and won't take up much room.

Feel free to gimme a ring of you want mate. I'll pm you my number if you're interested.

image.jpg That's another one of my great purchases!!! An Empire State fruity which is too tall to put together in my new den!
Wanna buy it???

image.jpg image.jpg

It's got a King Kong on it. He climbs up the front!!
I've even toyed with cutting a hole in the ceiling to accommodate it!! Ha ha.
Paul I'd sell it for £120. I'm just waiting on the guy I bought it off to post me the keys , other than that I'm told its 100% working. Needs a kettle power lead and a bit of a dusting.

And Chris, sorry to hijack your thread. I've just got to advertise some old baby clothes and furniture then you can have it back;-)

Ahh might be a bit on the pricy side for me Gaz - If you could let me know again when you have the keys and its all confirmed working i'll have another think.... I have sold newer and more rare machines for less recently... :(

I'm not sure what a caberet cab is, but I've got a very nice Killer Instinct 2 Cab if your interested?

A cabaret cab is one of the smaller variants of standard arcade cabs from the early 80 (pic of a Pacman cabaret below). Thanks for the offer Rus but a KI cab is a lot bigger than I'm after :)

72583.jpg

The machine is a six button jamma cab. Called a bookies cab. It comes with a PC for mame but is currently wired for jamma. I bought it as working but haven't switched it on yet. It needs repainting.

Thanks for the offer mate but I've already got a MAME bookie cab. It's definitely a cabaret or maybe a cocktail cab that I'm after, something small as I'm low on space :D

Back
Top Bottom