What's new

Location Pinball Advice

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
I've recently reached out to a few bars around Essex with the hope of getting home games on no location around here. One has got back and is very interested however i need some advice on some specifics. I've routed games before but only in friends locations so they've never been that's bothered by the legal side of putting games on location. Anyways the company has asked for details on:

• Profit/Revenue Share Split Percentages/Specifics
  • Insurance and Safety details (i.e. will the machines be risk assessed by you and covered under your insurance?)
  • Power Requirements for the machines

Previously I split money 50/50 so would intend to do the same here. The others I'm not so sure about, any advice from the location pros would be greatly appreciated so I can bring pinball to the people of Essex who mostly have pinball shaped holes in their hearts!

James

I only do games on a fixed hire now, none of this 50/50 crap but its harder when you approach them to put a game in vs they come to you... saying that, I am putting one out this week on a 50/50 but its a special game in a special location that I wanted - keep your eyes on PH facebook Thursday!

Insurance & Safety - should be covered under your public liability insurance if you trade as a proper business, safety, should be PAT tested annually.

Power requirements - not much 300-400w I think.

Phil

Sounds very interesting Phil, can't give away any sneaky clues then? ;)

Regarding the public liability no I don't trade as a proper business as you say. I would love to but it's only ever gotten to 2 machines out at a time and it's been more of a hobby at friends bars/cafes than a business - looking to change that though!

James

If you want any advice on insurance just ask, people on here have helped with my machines so I am more than willing to reciprocate.

Paul
Yeah would appreciate that if you wouldn't mind. Like I say for now it's only the 1 machine at the 1 bar but this spot is a "proper business" and is pushing for everything to be done properly whereas before me and friends have just blagged it - if anything just to win me extra space at home for more pins!

Back
Top Bottom