What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locating a minty TAF

huggers

Site Supporter
Alias
Andy Hug
One day (not today) I'm going to want an absolute minter of an Addams. I realise I'm not alone in this. What are my chances of locating one? I don't have the time or skillset to restore one myself as I'd like it. I'd be tempted to bite the bullet and buy from a dealer but do they even come up that often? Within the next 6 months or so I'll be looking for another game so just assessing my options really. It'll either be an Addams or possibly another NIB if the right game is out there.

Speak to someone like @chris b - he will probably be able to source you one, or quote for one that he will restore for you

@Neil McRae has got me second guessing whether to wait to see whether CGC/PP is going to remake TAF, or whether - like you - to just keep looking for a minty original TAF.

I don't think I'm particularly precious about having an original one, since more often than not it seems Addams have seen some things - so if you want a decent one you'd have to pay for a minty restore or find a unicorn that is a HUO one that has had minimal use. Basically what I mean to say is that nowadays I think a TAF remake would probably cost about the same as a decent refurb one.

Like you I'd need to find one that has had everything done already, which costs money on top of the already high and firm prices for Addams seemingly in any condition.

I'd imagine minty addams is about price of a premium stern.
Original minty , would be sooo dear

Saw one appear and disappear in the space of an hour yesterday on Facebook. There weren't many photos of it, it looked like a reasonably basic refurb, and was listed at £5500.

TAF prices, at least in the UK, are a bit mental.

I regret leaving mine go (for what I paid for it pre-mods, 7K) in my fire sale last year. However I later bought a pretty average one (for 5K) and since pretty much restored it. it's not mint but really good condition.

Back
Top Bottom