What's new

Live in the North? Favour to ask.

stumblor

Site Supporter
Alias
Davey Price
As a few of you already know, I have my eye on the Diner that has recently popped up on eBay. Due to the seller having a couple of dubious run in with a few of the other members, I'd like to do a site visit to get a better look at the machine, check for faults, dodgy repairs etc.

Unfortunately it's about 3 hours away from London.

And I'm currently in Australia.

Do you live close to Pontefract (just outside of Leeds) and want to be owed a massive favour and/or be showered in the notoriety and affirmation that only comes with performing a good deed?

You DO?

Amazing! Get in touch.

Davey.

---
This is the place:

Williams Amusements
Unit 14, Britannia Works, Skinner Ln, Pontefract WF8 1NA
01977 310466
https://maps.google.com/?cid=11968356152269450610

In an ideal world you want someone who speaks your language to undertake a mission like this.

What Joe Blow thinks is ok may differ from what John Doe thinks is OK.

I don't want to limit your enthusiasm, but in pinball as in life - if you think you smell a rat, there is a rat. I have been on too many wild goose chases. I can't be @rsed anymore.

As ever, your best bet is to bide your time. Buy from a known seller on here. Buy a game from a geek, someone who loves Pinball. Someone who rebuilds the flippers as they want the game to be its best that it can be. Not someone who thinks that it is a waste of £30. Notable exceptions apply, there are traders who are honest and who I trust and who I have bought games from.

I don't know these guys in Pontefract. Maybe someone on here can vouch for these guys, but if not. Forget it.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Sounds like more and more indicators that I should be giving this one a miss!

The instant I got to "Pontefract" I was thinking, oh no, not those.
And then it was them.

Oh dear. These guys are getting slated hard. What's your experience?

So great to be able to background check purchases like this though. Invaluable.

Back
Top Bottom