What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Lethal Weapon 3

And the actual shop part of this log begins.

IMG_20140307_211722.jpg

My chairlift.

Whilst I'm waiting for the connectors and pins to arrive I'm going to strip the playfield to give it a bloody good clean, then whilst everythings off flip it over so I can remove the metal from underneath and use some wire wool and autosol to try and get things shiny again. Once that's done, re-rubber the playfield and refit everything in its place before fully LEDing the playfield.

As I have a lot of tarnished metal bits like flipper bases and the metal guides, would it be best to attack them with autosol?

Yep... Autosol em to death.... anything you cant get clean, get re-plated...

5.5ohm and 3.8ohm are my flipper coil resistances (right and left respectively).
That's very strange, they should read pretty much the same and I'm sure they were in good condition when I sold it to you. The flippers haven't got stuck on at any point?

What is it that makes pinball machines rust so much (yes I know it's the iron)?!?!?! Most people keep them in a house or dry outhouse, unless it's the occasional person that keeps them in their garage/shed... There seems so many that are attacked by rust...

My sis was obsessed with that film when she was little used to spend ages in the bath with a flannel over her feet so it looked like she had a tail lol

I adapted Lee's idea of using a soft sanding block with a drill but on posts. Worked quite well.

IMG_20140310_184638.jpg IMG_20140310_190749.jpg

I wish I had a tumbler for the screws and bolts but can't justify the cost.

Come up ok has that part Carl,tumbler is easier but I'm in same boat as you dude dnt have cash at mo to get one I'm being kindly loaned one at mo ,plus with tumbler it's a pain getting media out of threads n screw heads

Back
Top Bottom