What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LeesParts - TAF "Tour the Mansion" package

Durzel

Registered
Very specific question this, apologies... :(

Has anyone else bought this package of mods from LeesParts? It's basically 9 different lighting mods for TAF, mostly scoop lights, etc. In a moment of retail therapy weakness I pulled the trigger on the full set - costing me ~£250 plus another £50 when it went through Customs. I rationalised it as being plug and play stuff, I realise if I had some skills I could've made most of these myself for far less.

Anyway, looking at the instructions for fitting most of them and they involve screwing new holes into the playfield and shining the lights through slits in scoops. I had a look at installing the first one at the weekend - Vault lights - and it involved reaching into a hard to access area, obscured by wires. The mod comes with a bit of square paper that acts as a template to let you know where to screw the hole, but I found it too hard to line up. Basically because the lights have to shine through a slit in the scoop positioning is crucial.. and I'm worried about ballsing it up on top of making new holes in a brand new playfield.

Am I overthinking this like I do everything else? Anyone fancy coming down to Bath area and fitting these for me? I'll make it worth your while lol :)

Very specific question this, apologies... :(

Has anyone else bought this package of mods from LeesParts? It's basically 9 different lighting mods for TAF, mostly scoop lights, etc. In a moment of retail therapy weakness I pulled the trigger on the full set - costing me ~£250 plus another £50 when it went through Customs. I rationalised it as being plug and play stuff, I realise if I had some skills I could've made most of these myself for far less.

Anyway, looking at the instructions for fitting most of them and they involve screwing new holes into the playfield and shining the lights through slits in scoops. I had a look at installing the first one at the weekend - Vault lights - and it involved reaching into a hard to access area, obscured by wires. The mod comes with a bit of square paper that acts as a template to let you know where to screw the hole, but I found it too hard to line up. Basically because the lights have to shine through a slit in the scoop positioning is crucial.. and I'm worried about ballsing it up on top of making new holes in a brand new playfield.

Am I overthinking this like I do everything else? Anyone fancy coming down to Bath area and fitting these for me? I'll make it worth your while lol :)

I looked at these and decided to do it myself.
Yep its only poking a led in a gap :)
I bought a load of 555 mountable connectors from Pinball mania.
Not started doing them yet though.

Get yourself a bradle to make a starter hole for the screw.
Also a magnetic 1/4" screwdriver bit/tool for the screws.
Then plenty of patience.
I tend to get a cardboard box I can kick around when i get angry.
Saves something expensive getting kicked :)

I looked at these and decided to do it myself.
Yep its only poking a led in a gap :)
I bought a load of 555 mountable connectors from Pinball mania.
Not started doing them yet though.

Get yourself a bradle to make a starter hole for the screw.
Also a magnetic 1/4" screwdriver bit/tool for the screws.
Then plenty of patience.
I tend to get a cardboard box I can kick around when i get angry.
Saves something expensive getting kicked :)
Cheers. Deep down I know it just requires a lot of patience and twisting to get into hard to reach places, but at the moment with 2 broken ribs it's annoying me just thinking of tackling it.

:eek: dude, that is crazy money!
Yeah, I know. I sortof rationalised it thinking that it was (and is) put together well, with Molex connectors etc instead of croc clips. If I tried to do it I'd only balls it up - of that I'm certain. I'm more anxious about adding new holes to the playfield, but I don't know whether I'm just being too OCD about that sort of thing. I realise I'm probably in a minority of people on here vs those who just get stuck in and don't dwell on such things.

Send back the over priced tat and get your money back.
Returns window is closed now. :(

@Durzel how did you break your ribs?
Broke mine two years ago coming off my bike on a down hill. At 55!o_O
I was going pretty fast and hit a rut shot over the bars and hit a felled tree , almost passed out :)
Got home dragging my buckled wheeled bike back.
Soon as i got in the misses could not stop laughing?
I was in pain.?
She still laughs when anyone mentions broken ribs.

I wish I could say it happened after I did an tailwhip off a half-pipe, but I actually just fell off a MTB after a very tame drop. Landed on my side on solid ground, and that was that.

Was a Xmas present from my sister, bless her.

Was 4 weeks ago now but it is still painful when I breathe in, or cough. Sneezing is like a gut punch :(

Back
Top Bottom