What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEDs ?

A quid a bulb is a bit steep.

Think I would rather have a slight fliker than lay out so much on expensive bulbs.

It is steep granted, but there is 50p more quality compared to ph's LEDs.

I tend to buy a couple at a time as and when. It doesn't seem as painful then!!

I am pretty sure that the quality will be very similar as I would suspect that Rapid also get there LEDs from China like everyone else.

I've had them in side by side and they certainly aren't similar quality. Only my opinion of course. Just throwing my 2 pence in to add another angle for someone who maybe looking to install LEDs!

Gaz, you got an example part number for RS? £1 is a lot cheaper than €1.79 and I can get free shipping from RS.

No sorry mate. I can never find them on the web site, there are so many types. I live close by so just go into there shop in Colchester

Gaz , If you are going to NLP at Blackpool this year, bring a couple of these bulbs along I wouldn't mind a look at the quality and see how much better they are in a machine.

I am one of the organisers so just make yourself known at the pinball area desk.

Cheers Darren.

I won't be making the pilgrimage I'm afraid, I have to work that weekend. I can pop a couple in the post if you like though.

Thanks for the offer but if you are going to the Slam next year it can wait till then.

Thanks again for the kind offer.

Can't belive you are working on the NLP weekend, you must be mad.

Cheapest I can see so far is p/n: 715-4013P @1.68 plus VAT. Damned website!

I've just spent the evening putting some LEDs in my BoP. Just the inserts and the helmet lights so far.

I have to admit I was a bit sceptical (and probably still wouldn't do the GI) but I am very impressed. It's one of Alberts kits that I bought second hand. It looks makes the playfield lok really vibrant and is not too bright. There is a tiny bit of the 'little bit lit when they shouldn't be' problem, but not enough to worry me, especially under the inserts.

Surprisingly good!

replicas' date=' post: 1685507 said:
Glad you are happy with the result.

Any pic's ?

Not yet, I'll see what I can do over the next couple of days. Although seeing as its mainly just the inserts, it's actually fairly subtle.

replicas' date=' post: 1685507 said:
Glad you are happy with the result.

Any pic's ?

Have attached a couple of pics, one with all lights lit (in test), the second in attract mode with the helmet lights lit.

Click for a bigger picture. They look REALLY bright in the photos, but they were taken with no flash, in the dark, no lighting in the room, glass off. In reality of course, they would never all be on (as in the first image).

Back
Top Bottom