What's new

LED Options..

One hell of a difference. I need to get non ghosting leds for my wh20. Was looking at the comet ones too. So there's no uk supplier of non ghosting leds then?

I just finished replacing the incandescent GI lamps with @PinballDaze frosted globes, very nice LEDs for GI if you like the bright modern stern look ( I do! ). I fitted cool white but available in natural and warm. Loads of light spread from these....

View attachment 41589

Before, looking like someone had been chain smoking inside the machine..

View attachment 41590

And after..
View attachment 41592

Still inserts to do, but that will take a comet order unless someone else makes a good non ghosting LED ( not holding my breath ).

The old skool may hate it but I think it's a massive improvement. Good one. I think LEDs give massive options to improve. They come in different colours FFS - sod the dinosaurs. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just finished replacing the incandescent GI lamps with @PinballDaze frosted globes, very nice LEDs for GI if you like the bright modern stern look ( I do! ). I fitted cool white but available in natural and warm. Loads of light spread from these....

View attachment 41589

View attachment 41590

And after..
View attachment 41592

Still inserts to do, but that will take a comet order unless someone else makes a good non ghosting LED ( not holding my breath ).

Done right! Makes all that lovely artwork and pinball engineering pop out!

i.imgur.com_FkPZqsB.jpg.gif

Put them side by side for a real A/B comparisson. Just stunning.

ledcompare.jpg

View attachment 41589

View attachment 41590

And after..
View attachment 41592

Looks great Kev. Those LEDs from Pinballdaze are the dogs böllocks.

Cointaker's are better. (EDIT: was referring to Comet sunshine's, not PinballDaze. My mistake)

Last edited:
Not used pinballdaze but the ones from pinball leds have been good but I recently got comet and they are outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any LED bulbs that give the look of original but slightly brighter? Not a fan of coloured GI LED....tbh not really a fan at all, but could be converted if it looked original. Absolutely hate the translates when they are so washed out u can't see the detail and get white blobs lol!

Just want reliable, but OE looking

Dunc

Thanks for bursting my bubble.
Customers are just happy with the product I import and sell.

Why even post that? :hmm: Just comes across as trolling :(

Wtf @PeteB , first you post a nice A/B comparison and ' stunning ' comment, then ' cointakers are better ' ??

My apologies!! I clicked on the wrong reply button, I was mean't to reply to replica's comment about Comet sunshine's. I ordered packs of LED's from the US a few months back and found the Coin Taker ones to be better than Comet ones.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the LED's by PinballDaze hence why I posted the A/B comparison photo. It DOES look stunning.

Having a clumsy day. :(

I've just put in a big order for noflix plus LEDs from pinball.centre. It was a big investment but I hope it will be worth it. I've mostly followed their suggested guide from the kit but I've mixed it up a little bit for some variation.

So I know I'm not mr rationale around here, I tend to go crazy with my machines. All have LED-OCD, most have pin stadium (I don't like dark tables) and install led strips attached to flashers. I tend to use good quality comets, 2smd, largely the same in GI (unless it suits), I tend to use convolux neon protectors so cool white is best for them to work well. I just don't like warm white and their yellow-ish light.

Taking photos with an iphone isn't great as the blues and UV's/Purples totally saturate, but here goes. And I appreciate they aren't for everyone. The most blingy I have is AFMre which uses a Blue-green cross pulse and a blue pulse for when the barrier is down.

First 2 in a room with light on (WCS, TOM)
Last 8 in a dark room with Neons signs on. (All except for Iron Man and Tron have Pin Stadium).

All have comets, Led-OCD, Invisiglass.

I have an idea it might be better to get my half decent DSLR out to do these, the iPhone does a fair job at HDR shots but too many saturate out.

All look nicer and not *quite* as dramatic in the flesh.

IMG_2643 2.JPGIMG_2645 2.JPG

IMG_2646 2.JPG

IMG_2649 2.JPG

IMG_2650 2.JPG

IMG_2651 2.JPG

IMG_2652 2.JPG

IMG_2653 2.JPG

IMG_2654 2.JPG

IMG_2655 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom