What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Laughing Clown

Fintan Stack

Registered
Bit of a long shot but you never know.

For as long as I can remember I have wanted one of those **** your pants scary laughing clowns. You know the ones. They sit in a glass tank laughing their ******** off whilst scaring the **** out of everyone and giving people a morbid fear of clowns for their entire life.

I have only never seen 2 come up for sale over the past few years but I wasn't in a position to buy as these things are pretty huge. But now I want one to put in my office.

So...... Anyone out there have one? Or know of somebody that has one?

Hey, you never know, right?

@Paul You seem to know about this sort of thing. Any ideas on where to look?

Last edited:
Last one i saw went for around £5k... They come up on Ebay occasionally - or Elephant house auctions....

5k! lol

cache1.asset_cache.net_gc_141481629_laughing_clown_arcade_mach8837da30c9423985dbb49db008c69c0e.jpg

Pretty sure this was the exact one they had down in LA = Littlehampton all those years ago.

I wonder how difficult it would be to actually make one....? :hmm:

Did you guys ever see that Dude that made the replica of Zolta from the film 'Big'? He did a killer job. It is awesome:

http://www.technitoys.com/building-a-working-zoltar-speaks-fortune-teller-2/

I want it.

I was reading all that a few days ago. First thing I thought of when I saw your thread too would be 'make your own'. Clothes store manekin with a clown mask.
How hard could it possibly be... :p

I was reading all that a few days ago. First thing I thought of when I saw your thread too would be 'make your own'. Clothes store manekin with a clown mask.

If nothing else, it would be a fun project

I am seriously considering it. As @lukewells and @Paul said; it would cost a small fortune to purchase one even if I found one for sale.

If nothing else, it would be a fun project

Exactly. It wouldn't matter if it took years to finish. It would be a pretty cool project and would keep me busy in the evenings. It would also be awesome to actually make something like that from scratch. I am by no means an expert in any of the required skills though! But it would be fun to try.

No clown mask though! I would make a paper mache head for it. I would want it took as much like the scary bastard from my childhood as possible. I've got a few photos to work with. And that insane video of course. :confused:

Making your own would also have the advantage of being able to make it a bit smaller as they are freaking huge!

Last edited:
I wonder how difficult it would be to actually make one....? :hmm:

Did you guys ever see that Dude that made the replica of Zolta from the film 'Big'? He did a killer job. It is awesome:

http://www.technitoys.com/building-a-working-zoltar-speaks-fortune-teller-2/

I want it.
Holy sh*t! That is an epic blog entry let alone a truly awesome piece of automata!

The caption on the clay head sculpture made me laugh though: "I Had Never Tried This Before, and it Shows". Really? Yeah, I thought your clay head looked cr@p as well. Errr, so you've really not done anything remotely similar or used clay before?

But that little modesty clanger aside it's all very impressive. The attention to detail is superb. I love the little testers for the crackle paint to seeing how different application methods and thicknesses change how the cracks appear!

A few weeks ago I took the family to Wookey Hole where they have a Victorian Penny Arcade. An impressive selection of machines (my kids love the wall-mounted ball spinning penny slot machines, a favourite in the Brighton Toy & Model Museum) amongst which were several fortune telling automatons.

My wife said "I love these. Would look great in the house. Why don't you build one of these instead of a ruddy pinball machine?"

I'm going to send her the link for the Zoltar Speaks and see if she still wants me to consider a change in my choice of hobbies? ;)

Littlehampton you say? Did you go to Billy Smarts arcade back in the day?

Yeah, I think it's just about still going. If you ever went there you would remember the Mickey mouse roller coaster on top.

They had that clown down there for years, it has a custard pie in his hand, that's gotta put the value up by £100.

Yeah, I think it's just about still going. If you ever went there you would remember the Mickey mouse roller coaster on top.

They had that clown down there for years, it has a custard pie in his hand, that's gotta put the value up by £100.

It's kinda my hometown ;)

ooops I mean eee bye eck I'm a Northerner

The Rollercoaster on top was the Wild Mouse, which was deemed unsafe at some point and now lives at Blackpool Pleasure beach ?

Yeah , unsafe. It certainly felt that way by the sound of it & when you were going towards the front edge of smarts.

Surprised it's gone elsewhere other than the scrappy, lol

Yeah , unsafe. It certainly felt that way by the sound of it & when you were going towards the front edge of smarts.

Surprised it's gone elsewhere other than the scrappy, lol

Yep, I went on it once in Blackpool since I moved here, it was a terrible experience, the cart can barely stay on the track :eek:

I loved every minute on it - wasn't it called 'the mousetrap' or something at Blackpool?? Rickety as hell, proper life in your hands stuff... That was 20 years ago mind...

I thought it was called the Mousetrap at Blackpool Pleasure Beach too. I went there as a kid, probably around '79-80, as The Revolution roller coaster was still very new.

Yep, I went on it once in Blackpool since I moved here, it was a terrible experience, the cart can barely stay on the track :eek:

I felt exactly the same at the one at Sydney's luna park only difference being it was ontop of a building right in the edge of the harbour. I swear it tipped on to 2 wheels every time it was on the water side while my son was screaming like a girl lol

Lol, poor Fintan wants a 5k laughing clown & it's de-railed into a wild mouse fest. Sorry, std.

3.bp.blogspot.com__FWAFrk3AWZA_Uu1OW_U_I9I_AAAAAAADORA_ZywuK4g8c3abdb4ff1acb28e021ae2d87942e31.jpg

That is LA. Back in the glory days, they blame the sea air down there for yellowness & stains.

Note: Mickey mouse on front, probably where I made name up from, but remember being a lot like this over the edge...

4.bp.blogspot.com__ZTjtAVeNdGU_R60e3h5aqnI_AAAAAAAAA70_XWTLPRTd2192d5660d05bb1d20782d6b3a69033.jpg

Building a laughing clown, to scare people is just crazy talk. Many of us have a natural reaction to punch clowns so you would need a very tough case.

Once you have built that, why don't we try and build this mouse roller coaster?

A Clown ? A Feckin Clown. You have gotta be sh*ttin me. Those things give me the willies, its a dark withdrawn, strange, creepy and downright not all there or kicked in the head by a horse person that will ever want to own or dress up like one of those spawn from the hell plasma goo things.
I don't mind the Mouse rollacoster though.

Back
Top Bottom