What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krylon Triple Thick UK Supplier..and alternative(s)?

Smerk

Registered
Seeing as I'm struggling to find Krylon in UK I thought I'd see if anyone has had any luck with other products...or know of a Krylon supplier here.

Some time ago I tested this with ok results. I did some digging around and think it's owned by the same parent company as Krylon so thought it worth a try (and can be bought cheap). It sprays on well and can be built up, but just doesn't seem thick even after 4 coats (mist coat for first).1544362074242.png
Any thoughts? Thanks, Steve.

I use plasticote but it's simply not the same as krylon I agree...no where near as thick plus it seems to flake off already flaky paint....I could use some triple thick for my back glass as,well

I've tried alternatives too but they're simply not as thick. I even contacted some manufacturers for recommendation on their TT alternatives with no joy. There was an ebay seller/website/real shop - pondskippercrafts but pricey.

i imported several cans of krylon earlier this year. worked out with postage and duty just under £20 a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where and who to buy from Alan :thumbs:

Tried to buy some from the states but no joy ,but that was a good few years ago !!

Last edited:
I looked for the sales receipt but I must have chucked it away, and also no record in my emails. it was from some art supplies website in the USA, that's all I can remember. I do recall having to try a few places as many wont ship to UK. Sorry I can't be more help.

Tried to buy some from the states but no joy ,but that was a good few years ago !!

If I search ebay.co.uk for krylon triple thick, four US sellers come up as shipping to the UK. Pricing a bit silly (the six pack isn't too bad!) but it shows as no import charges applicable which is probably wrong per AlanJ experience.

FOUND A UK SUPPLIER!!! pondskippercrafts put me onto the main Krylon distributror UK - Techsil. Called Techsil as it wasn't on their website and within half hour they put triple thick on their site (fantastic service!) and ordered a couple of cans. Shipping's a bit pricey for a can but I guess the more you order the cheaper it'll be....

https://www.techsil.co.uk/krylon-triple-thick-clear-11oz Techsil can be reached on +44(0)1789 773232

Steve

Not too far from the office.. 25 miles....

Saying that, 6 cans and the shipping is still 12.95...

I looked for the sales receipt but I must have chucked it away, and also no record in my emails. it was from some art supplies website in the USA, that's all I can remember. I do recall having to try a few places as many wont ship to UK. Sorry I can't be more help.
Thanks for taking some time out to have a look Alan !

And to @Smerk fantastic find buddy:):)

Back
Top Bottom