What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Jukebox

todler

Site Supporter
Hi, thinking of getting a CD bubble jukebox. Can anyone recommend which one to go for? Wurlitzer, NSM or Sound and Leisure? Only thinking at the moment as debating whether to install a woodburner which would mean the pinball in the house would have to move out (would be too close to the fireplace and think the heat would damage it. Jukebox would sit flush with the chimney breast and shouldn't be effected.

Cheers

The rowe ami and rockola are better built . Sound leisure are easier and cheaper for parts . Wurlitzer you pay for the name but build quality worst of the lot. The most expensive parts on all are the bubble tubes so make sure they work and juke is transported upright . Sound leisure gazelle and manhattan are the most common you see for sale and location and cosmetics seem main influence on price. In wales you can nab one for sub £2500 yet in London folks won't move on £3500. One we had in circus last year came from Dundee for £2050. Very chuffed with that one

I've got a few sound leisure Americana in for Xmas . The poor man's bubbler I call it . Not retro enough but not a bank buster . Good thing is the title card area allows you to display the cd covers .

20181110_181407.jpg

Hi, I did some research on this a number of years and went for the 1015 Sound Leisure as the build quality was far better than the Wurlitzer. Chrome on front not plastic like Wurlitzer. Pay the extra for the LED diffuser lighting pack.....its awesome. Not had any issues with my one in 10 year......

Having traded in jukeboxes since the mid 90s I would say stay away from Wurlitzer!

Sound Leisure are great but make sure you do not buy an older one that uses the CDM3 or CDM4 laser unit. These are very hard to replace as nobody sells the replacement lasers anymore.

This is the mech you want in a Sound Leisure:
http://www.videostarjeux.com/images/Image/CD-Juke-box-1015-Slimline-1015-Jukebox-Slimline-4.jpg

If you go NSM make sure its an ES5.1 technology one - NOT ES5 or ES4. Again - you dont want a CDM3 or CDM4 laser.

The newer sound leisures have much better sound than the older ones. They are true stereo now.

The Rock Ola or Rowe ami bubblers use the same cabinet (made by Antique Apparatus) - but again - check what laser it is!

You only want the CDM12 - professional, or anything newer. DO NOT BELIEVE DEALER THAT TELL YOU THE OLDER CDM3/4 ARE BETTER.

When buying a jukebox on collection, take a CDR home burnt disc with say 15 songs on. Put that in the jukebox then enter the following into the jukebox - song 15, song 1, then song 8. Check it plays the right song without getting confused!

OR go digital. Just use updated software.

Any advice or help - drop me a line.......

Phil.

PS - I dont sell jukes now.

Photos don’t do the lighting justice.....it has about 10 programmable modes....

Attachments

• F3FAD96D-F55E-45F6-9623-17870F53ABC2.jpeg
    F3FAD96D-F55E-45F6-9623-17870F53ABC2.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the info chaps. Will be actively looking out and see what comes up. Not in a hurry so hopefully something will turn up.

Cheers Tony

Back
Top Bottom