What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JP switch issue

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Hi Guys,

I've got an issue with my JP which I'm hoping you can shed some light on.

Firstly. How the hell do you get into Diagnostics on DE games? The two button system has me stumped. When I press the button it brings up audit & adjustments no problem but then how do I change it to Diagnostics? I've managed it a few times but no idea why. Does it involve pressing the button at a certain time?

Secondly I'm having a problem with the scoop not triggering the mode. Am I right in thinking that the middle switch in the trough should trigger this?

I checked the switch and it seemed dodgy so replaced it but no joy. Is it likely to be a break in the wire or am I looking at the wrong thing? It very occasionally triggers (maybe one ball in 20) so originally I thought it was a problem with the switch needing adjusting but now I'm not convinced.

Cheers

John

John. There should be a second button which can be clicked into the up or down position. Then when you press the other one it should go into Diagnostics. I can never remember if it's up or down....

You can then access switch tests.

Might be worth reseating the switch connector at the board also if it's intermittent.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Putting the toggle switch into the up/dn position before entering system menu will put you in either audits or diag.

The its up/dn to toggle page direction, and push button to advance page. Start button toggles the settings.

It's terrible.

But it's data east, so you'll quickly forgive the quirks.

Congrats of picking up the best game they ever made... you're gonna have a riot!

Tim

Thanks guys, I've been playing with the 2nd switch but I thought that just changed it from stepping forward or backward in the menu. I'll have a play around later.

Also thanks for the heads up on the switch connector. I'll try to see if that does anything.

Bloody pins...

Might or might not be connected but I've also got a colour LED in there. Works well 99% of the time but sometimes it only displays in black and white. I wouldn't have thought the two things were related but maybe they are....

Back
Top Bottom