What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Wick by Stern

Well yes, but I thought you said bars are buying games or should be.
Pins are in bars. That can be buying a pin. Or having an operator run a pin.

The pin needs to be priced to make money for the operator. And the bartender/owner/parent company has to want a pin. Either way, there's a potentially untapped market in manufacturing new pins for locations that don't currently them.

Sure, those factors all have an impact - but they don’t explain how Jurassic Park LE cost me £10k just under five years ago, whereas John Wick LE would cost me £15.7k today.
Inflation would have taken the price in five years to around £12.9k, so with stern games there is something from stern to electro coin and the dealers that is being added to the price to get to fifteen. Not sure on five year old game prices from other manufacturers but I don’t think they have had this much more increase as stern games

Pins are in bars. That can be buying a pin. Or having an operator run a pin.

The pin needs to be priced to make money for the operator. And the bartender/owner/parent company has to want a pin. Either way, there's a potentially untapped market in manufacturing new pins for locations that don't currently them.
Just because pins are in bars doesn’t mean they make money or are played.

Any time pins are on site, there has always been pinheads trying to buy them cheaply. They often won’t put money in but will always try to buy

Coincidently I received a message from eu supplier today for John wick, prices offered in euro were

Pro 6980+vat = €8515/7320 gbp
Premium 8910+vat = €10870/9345 gbp
LE 12900 + vat = €15738/13530 gbp

Quite a markup on those prices in UK
which I guess is mainly down to electrocoin.

Coincidently I received a message from eu supplier today for John wick, prices offered in euro were

Pro 6980+vat = €8515/7320 gbp
Premium 8910+vat = €10870/9345 gbp
LE 12900 + vat = €15738/13530 gbp

Quite a markup on those prices in UK
which I guess is mainly down to electrocoin.

Correct, and those prices also are showing 22% VAT instead of the UK 20%. Which is another £120 Cheaper just on the Pro.

I always thought there were anti competition laws to prevent a single company having a monopoly on sales.

Correct, and those prices also are showing 22% VAT instead of the UK 20%. Which is another £120 Cheaper just on the Pro.

I always thought there were anti competition laws to prevent a single company having a monopoly on sales.
There is, however I believe stern are the issue, they insist on bulk purchase of a large number of units making it impossible for a small boutique business like pinball to do. You could buy from stern but the minimum unit order means in reality you can't. Electrocoin real business is gambling machines, so there able to take a hit without breaking a sweat. It probably done by stern because it's easier and no ones challenged it, shipping out small number of units to multiple suppliers in the UK could be a hassle, why bother when you insist on minimum unit orders regardless of actual sales and let the distro take the hit of a load of unsold units in there warehouses. The interesting thing will be how long will electcocoin do this for, if UK customers stop buying due to being priced out, there be a point when they can't have tons of very expensive stock sitting around for years.

Stern and Electrocoin are old friends, and I imagine they both profit from the status quo. Not a lawyer but admit it does sound anti-competitive.

Back
Top Bottom