What's new

For Sale JJP POTC LE now 16K

if you were to buy any other currently listed (LE only) and as Mission65 doesn't want to actually look:

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/potc-pirates-jjp-le.270845/ 18750 euro $20000
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175775 $22000
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/175661 $20000
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/161161 $22000
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156304 $22000

average: $21200
freight: $200 (and that's highly under, assume you get a favour and get it in a container of other pins)

total: $21600

at todays rate: £17,245

clearance & handling: £35
VAT: £3456

TOTAL: £20,736

so, the original, original price was spot on, the reduced price was a bargain and the new, new price is 4k under the market. There is enough meat on the bone for someone to buy and export or a company to buy and resell....

That's my final word on price. and why 1:1 with pinside IS the correct pricing.

take my expert advice, stop being personal.

I answered the old classic why hasn’t this sold with coz it’s too expensive.

That’s my belief, and many others,

If I wanted to be nasty I would quote some of the comments I have had in messages since.

Hey, folks. About a year ago, I started an ‘official complaints about pricing thread’, which is still running…

I think it’s hard to judge pricing on things that are relatively rare because they don’t come up too frequently. Also, with something unusual, there’s a certain number of people who are already looking for one and willing to pay when one comes up.

In the meantime, if Phil struggles to sell the pin (whether it be here, on Pinside or eBay) then he has two choices - lower the price further or keep the pin. Alternatively, if he sells the pin, we know it was priced correctly, but has a niche audience 🤷‍♂️

Why anyone wants to sell a pin on this site blows my mind. Guy wants £16k for a rare pin, if you’re not happy to pay that make him an offer or leave him to sell his on. He could put £50k if he likes, makes me laugh all the folk supposedly looking to help others out and offering advice. He’s gave comparisons to similar price pins and offers to play it. I’d deal with Chris B or Jon at Williams any day and accept a bit less that deal with all this aggro and folk chiming in

I’m new to the hobby and on the waiting list for MMR (I want NIB with warranty) but this one has really tempted me. It looks an amazing game but I wouldn’t really know what to look for in terms of wear and tear or issues with the game so I would rely on the seller’s honest description and comments posted by others. In terms of value, I think it’s wrong to compare with the one being sold by Williams on an earlier post, that’s a CE with the £3k topper. Sven has always said he is comparing his price to Pinside market prices and sales. He is transparent about that and I personally agree that the comparison with US$ is a fair one on a 1:1 basis. Recent sales are showing however that the price of these has been in a big decline from a couple of years ago.
For me, having never played it, and it being my 1st purchase, I would definitely be going to see it. I wouldn’t have a clue as to whether it was in good condition other than the obvious stuff but I would know whether it was fun to play. I’m just gutted I can’t put in a good offer for it.
@Ryker - MMr will not be happening for a long while. If CGC say this year - it means 18 months onto that. You will be waiting for a long time.

I can not advise either way if you should buy this - who knows what will happen in this market within the next two years. If you are prepared to say buy this and keep it until MMr shows up, you could loose a couple of grand - or you could have someone offer you £20K within this time frame.

Pinballs are worth however much someone who wants it - wants to pay for it.

At the start of covid I can not believe how much things have gone up. More than doubled. Games I would of chucked and broken up for bits are now £2,500 games.

Why anyone wants to sell a pin on this site blows my mind. Guy wants £16k for a rare pin, if you’re not happy to pay that make him an offer or leave him to sell his on. He could put £50k if he likes, makes me laugh all the folk supposedly looking to help others out and offering advice. He’s gave comparisons to similar price pins and offers to play it. I’d deal with Chris B or Jon at Williams any day and accept a bit less that deal with all this aggro and folk chiming in
Can’t disagree selling a pin on the forum is certainly becoming a judgmental uncomfortable experience, even saying you would like a certain pin but can’t for whatever reason buy it at present has been getting the ire and judgement from some quarters ….p.s. MM rerun is definitely coming this time

Can’t disagree selling a pin on the forum is certainly becoming a judgmental uncomfortable experience, even saying you would like a certain pin but can’t for whatever reason buy it at present has been getting the ire and judgement from some quarters ….p.s. MM rerun is definitely coming this time
What's wrong with people ? Weird

Think its a real shame this thread

@Sven Normansson is a top guy and has been in the community for a long time...

16k for Pirates is reasonable in this market... It is below market average and when Stern LE's are now costing 14k this is a juiced machine compared

I regret not buying a pirates when i had multiple chances NIB

Think its a real shame this thread

@Sven Normansson is a top guy and has been in the community for a long time...

16k for Pirates is reasonable in this market... It is below market average and when Stern LE's are now costing 14k this is a juiced machine compared

I regret not buying a pirates when i had multiple chances NIB
Agree with this, but something I think worth mentioning is I personally consider the forum a bunch of pals in a pub, most of us have 5-10 year badges and we all sort of know each other so, to me anyway, it's just chat, banter..

'I'm selling a pin'
'what you asking?'
'Hoping for £x',
'really, bit steep if you ask me! Bill had one last year for £y'.
''Yeah but his was as fugly as his wife and had as many miles'.
'Agreed, I had a go on that last Xmas!'
'Pin or wife?'
'Well, I drained my balls in 2 minutes!'
'So the pin then?'

No chat really affect the sale, if someone wants it they'll buy it. If it gets personal then that what the mods are for. Its only pinball!

Yeah, it's all a bit of a laugh innit. Bag on a thread someone pays to post, torpedo the sale with snide it's too much comments. Put off anyone.
It's only 16K I'm losing.
@Paul is this really what you want?

Yeah, it's all a bit of a laugh innit. Bag on a thread someone pays to post, torpedo the sale with snide it's too much comments. Put off anyone.
I apologise, I just don't take it the same way you do. A 30 year old £3k game use Martin and take a gamble. At a £16k asking price it's a matter of due dilligance from the buyer, which you quite rightly ask to view it in person if possible. If the forum chat puts them off they were never really interested, in my opinion. Personally I think it's a fair price, especially with the additional mods, and you've justified clearly how you came to it. GLWTS.

Paul and the other Admins tried to implement a new approach to sales ads that removed the banter from the advert. But the people spoke, we had a vote and were good to our word and reverted back to this format that allowed anyone to add their comments.
So no, this isn’t what we wanted or what we thought was the best way to do it. But this forum isn’t about what we want, we are just the people who put their time into running it for the community.

My view. The people have spoken both for this being expensive and also for it being priced right. Both can be true. We don’t need more people saying the same thing.
Let Sven find their buyer.

Thenay I make a suggestion?
Either an option to allow comments or the op has moderation rights.
This has cost me as no one will buy now.
My games are like my children. I do not sell unless I have to.
It might be a joke to some but I am devastated by the the toxic reaction by members on here.

It might be a joke to some but I am devastated by the the toxic reaction by members on here.
I don’t think this thread is the reason it has not sold yet, it’s just the market is super ****e right now and economy is in the toilet, 16k is a lot of money to splash on a toy. It will go when the right buyer comes along.

Problem is that it then gives the op to moderate comments... so as an example someone comes along and posts a scam. Anyone that says "scam" has their posts removed by the OP. Then it sells and someone looses (potentially) thousands.

I personally think the ability to have a discussion on a pin is generally speaking a plus. There are always people that will say "too expensive" - although there are others (as has been proved on this thread) who agree that it is in the ballpark of where it should be. Problem is, cash is (generally speaking) tight at the moment for everyone. Which will limit it's market.
If an item is for sale it will naturally find its price, since someone will buy it when it hits the point that they believe is fair and they can afford. Something is after all only worth what someone will pay for it.

I'm open to thoughts and resolutions to this issue, however short of turning this place into eBay and putting restrictions around things, i personally cant see a better way to approach it.

devastated? 😂

It's a better than fair price for a very difficult to value game, there are hardly any. This thread won't have put anyone off who actually has real cash and able to afford to buy it . It's in great condition, your a known and trusted member. A lot of purchase talk is asperational and wishful thinking. Negative talk sometimes is the reality that £16k is out of most peoples reach so it's easier to say it's overpriced etc.

Try and ignore, it will sell, but unfortunately it would never sell quickly due to the value, I'm guessing the few who could afford it have scratched the itch and owned one at some point.
Personally it's similar to big bang bar, due to the rarity the cost is what it is there only a small number of people in the world who could ot would buy it, maybe worth listing on pinside and other areas to increase the catchment. I'm sure someone on here could help with the logistics of shipping if you haven't done it before.

Good luck!

I must say that when I saw this was going for 16K I was quite surprised, as I have never seen one priced that low! Given the rarity and also, the amount of bang for your buck, in terms of mechs and depth of game play, I'd say this is actually a bargain. Admittedly, I couldn't possibly afford it, but if I could I might just go for it and my feeling is that somebody will. It just needs the right person to see it.

Back
Top Bottom